Author Topic: Brick collision shape not working.  (Read 1771 times)

I made a brick and named the collision shape name to <brick>.dts. The brick looks fine ingame except that i can't hammer it, paint it, etc. and i can walk through it. How do I make it work?

Um, you make bricks through the use of blockland brick files, or BLBs.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but it's a text file where you have to literally set down the point in the 3D space for each vertice, define what sides show and don't show when covered by bricks, etc.

Ask soba about it, he'll help you or go to mod discussion and check out the blb reference at the top of the page.

yeah i know i made the blb and the dts. i can see the brick but the collision is not working ingame

Um, you make bricks through the use of blockland brick files, or BLBs.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but it's a text file where you have to literally set down the point in the 3D space for each vertice, define what sides show and don't show when covered by bricks, etc.

Ask soba about it, he'll help you or go to mod discussion and check out the blb reference at the top of the page.
Brick collisions with different shapes are done with a .dts collision.

Your brick collision must be convex, and for each convex shape, you must have it named Collision-1, Collision-2 and up

do i have to parent it to anything?

do i have to parent it to anything?
oh what, I've never done my collision in blender

I suppose you have to do the same with vehicle collision

(new empty, name it Col0, I don't think it matters what names the shapes are, just to parent them to it, and put them on seperate layers for each Collision-#) and if you still can't figure this out, I can help you out, I'm siba_BL on steam
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:25:53 PM by soba »