Author Topic: Window mode woes  (Read 888 times)

whenever i play window mode on games i always rock the 1440x900. but its not an option.
didnt we use to be able to drag window size? its been awhile since i bl'ed in window, new monitor here.

this is more of a help/suggestion. either fix this for me or im gonna refund my 20 bucks!

I believe at one point someone had a complaint about too many different screen resolution options. See if you can find something like that, I'm pretty sure there was a help topic about it.
It stemmed from an add-on, and there were actual lines of code quoted too, if I remember correctly, so just using that and packaging it would work just fine.

go to your console
type
Code: [Select]
setres(resX,resY);eg
setres(800,600);or in your case
setres(1440,900);

however
due to gay technical limitations involving windows, you are probably only gonna be able to go to
setres(1430,850);which is still really loving huge

1440x900 is not huge.... its like 19inch monitor, 6 year ago standard for computer gaming.
its quite small a window for my monitor.

full screen for a modern game and modern monitor is 1920x1200 you know

i could use any window size, but 1440x900 has become my long time standard for screenshot taking.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:03:41 PM by Bisjac »

Amateur scripter here, and I think I have a client script that can help.
package setresolution
{
function cmdclientsetres(%xaxis, %yaxis)
{
setres(%xaxis, %yaxis);
}
};
activatepackage setresolution;
I probably got something wrong, so I hope someone who knows scripting checks this first.

Pecon, sorry but... What the forget were you even trying to do?

Trying to make a client-sided command that used setres.

If it is created in his game, it's client sided. He could just do the command itself. There wasn't a problem here.

Amateur scripter here, and I think I have a client script that can help.
package setresolution
{
function clCmdsetres(%xaxis, %yaxis)
{
setres(%xaxis, %yaxis);
}
};
activatepackage("setresolution");
I probably got something wrong, so I hope someone who knows scripting checks this first.

You'd also need Truce's clCmd.cs, which supports clientCmds, but other than that, it might work.

I also fixed some careless syntax errors.

I was trying to make it so you could do /setres 1400 900 instead of the console. I know that it would have little point but it would still make the command easier to access.

You'd also need Truce's clCmd.cs, which supports clientCmds, but other than that, it might work.

I also fixed some careless syntax errors.
client commands are engine-default, truce's script allows you to do them in chat as if they were servercmds.

client commands are engine-default, truce's script allows you to do them in chat as if they were servercmds.

Exactly what I meant. I probably should have said supports clientcommands in chat.

Are you all morons? He's just trying to set the resolution a certain way, and where did he say he wasn't already answered by the command he was given? Besides that, you bring in Truce's mod totally out of no where, which is useless since you'd need to go into a server or use the Editor to switch to the chat GUI to even activate it. Argh.

im gonna refund my 20 bucks!
wait...
only 20? i thought you had a ton of keys :D