Author Topic: How to make a BL Keypad Door?  (Read 3325 times)

I want to learn how to make one with default events. Like one with the numbers 1-9 not the password door where you type in a password or say it. I want just a regular keypad door.

There are multiple methods for achieving this, it would be very hard for someone to explain it in a post however. It would be best if someone showed you in-game how it would be done.

I think you'd need VCE to do it easily. I've made one with VCE, I can show you later if you like.

I think you'd need VCE to do it easily. I've made one with VCE, I can show you later if you like.
Really? I tried Boom's tutorial perfectly and exactly but I failed many times. It just wouldent open.

It's a lot easier with VCE.

Not like it's easy in VCE. VCE is still difficult. Apparently, people who understand VCE it's easier than using default commands.

It's pretty easy with Vce
One the numers you do not press at all
Just make it so the variable is set to 0
Onactivate-client-modvariable-variable-set-0
1st number you press
Onactivate-self-vceifvalue-<var:cl:variable> == 0
variabletrue-client-modvariable-variable-set-1
Variablefalse-client-modvariable-variable-set-0
2nd number
Onactivate-self-vceifvalue-<var:cl:variable> == 1
variabletrue-client-modvariable-variable-set-2
Continue as desired

The opening button
Onactivate-self-vceifvalue-<var:cl:variable> == (number of buttons pressed before this)
Variabletrue-client-modvariable-variable-set-0
Variablertrue-namedbrick-contentstart

You're sure it isn't simpler with default events? That sounds like a stuffload.

I made one myself. It is really simple. Can you go around enabling/disabling events? How it works is, once you click one number, it will enable the events for the next number, etc. And once you come to the last number/enter key, it opens the door. If you press any other numbers that aren't included in the code, or the pattern isn't in order, make it reset.
I can make a video or something showing you how it works. So this would be the perfect vanilla keypad door. It is also virtually idiot proof.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:02:03 PM by rooster767 »

You're sure it isn't simpler with default events? That sounds like a stuffload.
well yeah its easier with VCE but I just suggested default events so I can make it on any server I go to. even a Blockhead's server. but it dosen't matter now what kind of keypad door instructions you give me. as long as it works. btw boom needs to update his

I can think of a way around with default events, it doesn't seem like it would be much simpler.

I have a way to make one with default events.

Fire a relay to a brick that activates an event which allows you to fire a relay at another brick which does the same thing.

The last brick in the sequence should open the door.

You can have the buttons send a relay to a respective brick which toggles on and then makes it so that the next relay will direct in another direction in case of repeating numbers.

Then have a button which makes all the toggled bricks send out a relay to a wire that makes a brick in a sort of tube disappear. Afterwards, a radio wave would send across the tube, and if it hits the end, the door opens.

If the user presses an incorrect key, it resets.

The issue with this is a user can figure out which keys reset the thing and press them the amount of times needed.

To fix this, you could event it so only one is active the first press, then that one sets another to active, and so forth.

It's a bit more involved, but it should work if you know what you're doing, I believe.

I saw this on the main page and it said How to make BL Key...

Lol

I saw this on the main page and it said How to make BL Key...

Lol
publo! >:C