Author Topic: Microsoft has figured out how to turn any surface into a touch screen  (Read 2091 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pz17lbjOFn8#!

This is loving INSANE. A friend linked me to this and I can't believe it, I am sitting here imagining the future that can come out of this.

Holy schitt. Now my wall can be a touch screen, my shower tiles can be a touchscreen, my laptop keyboard as a touch screen, hell, even my touchscreen can be a touchscreen!

Finally. A door for sci fi floating computer screens

I am sitting here imagining the future that can come out of this.
probably nothing soon

Oh god yessss

To bad it'll probably be about five for ten years before this becomes properly affordable and useable.

That... is fake.

uh

please check the connection between your eyes and brain and try again.

unless you're being sarcastic, because I can't tell.

also, this is loving awesome.

do something cool while looking silly

Oh, wait, IT LOOKS PLAUSIBLE.

Still, kind of stupid. You can't move or else the entire damn screen moves, and your hand has all sorts of bumps and creases which make it a terrible screen.

Now all it needs are lasers  :cookieMonster:

If you're wearing such an ugly device, I don't think the public/private functionality would be very useful.

Still, kind of stupid. You can't move or else the entire damn screen moves, and your hand has all sorts of bumps and creases which make it a terrible screen.
It's mounted on your shoulder. Okay, it really does look silly, but to use it you'll be facing forward. If you do move just move yourself back. If you're going to be turned a certain direction all the time TURN THE OBJECT THING TOO, OBVIOUSLY. It also explained how it has several places you can show the screen on your hand, and it also considers how close and how far an object is from the screen/object. Your hand doesn't have that many creases, your finger won't be falling into it anytime soon. Bumps? As explained before they show a level between the thumb, supposedly, and two fingers. That is the level used, thus it won't matter. Unless you're talking about how it may be hard to see and read stuff but that's your problem, get better eyes! Use the WALL.

If you're wearing such an ugly device, I don't think the public/private functionality would be very useful.
Because this is totally the final model that everyone will use for anything like this.
This is a demo. It's not supposed to look good.