Author Topic: Planning Builds  (Read 1163 times)

A couple of my builds had some kind of planning.

Parkour TDM:I took mirror's edge, removed the colourblind, and made it into a DM.
LT_derezz: A built a little mini-map. This remains in the save, and you used to be able to get to it via a teleport, and said room had some blocks that changed some music in the arena. The portal got removed.
DM_Neonapartments:The word "Neotokyo" formed the basis of it, beleive it or not. Hell, the build's filename is "tokyo". Don't ask.
Dog fight CTF:Roblox nostalgia made me remake the classic place with a Bl flavour. Hell, only the base stuff is in it, it needs details.
Super secret firefight map: I wanted to make a map for chrisbot6's upcoming firefight mod. Unfortunatley, D3 was the only thing in my head at the time, so I went into D3 and took some pictures. I need to get around to making the rest of it. (Progress: 1%)

Other than that, it's just pure juice.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:13:59 PM by Mecha »

I usually just use my "creative juices."

Sometimes I'll draw stuff out on grid paper in school, when I'm bored.

I usually think about a build for a while and maybe draw it before building.

I usually just improvise but I've planned some builds.

I find a lot of people end up making builds that are strangely sized or awkwardly made if they don't plan it. You can do a far better job if you know what you are doing to measurement.

I usually plan small builds in my head, then continue adding stuff to the first build to make a large one. But sometimes when I'm bored in school, I sketch builds on graph paper. I also plan builds when I try to copy something from a text description. For example, if a book I was reading described a large brick house, I'd use my imagination and make a large brick house with some added details.

I start of with a simple plan in my head, after that I just let my creative juices flow.