Poll

Read this first

then read this
and this
but this one last

Author Topic: Phydeoux's Add-on Topic  (Read 95491 times)

you guys can't be serious

he just announced that he was going to work on a POST APOCALYPTIC PACK and you are going "do transformers lol"
im saying something post apocalyptic im not saying BUMBLE BEE HURRR

im saying something post apocalyptic im not saying BUMBLE BEE HURRR
not you

not you
ok but is it a good idea? its kinda Zombie Apocalypse sort of thing but its still apocalyptic

ok but is it a good idea? its kinda Zombie Apocalypse sort of thing but its still apocalyptic
That sounds cool, but it be even better if it was done to the sporty variant.

That sounds cool, but it be even better if it was done to the sporty variant.
well its meant for a Police Cruiser and the Fordor: Police reminds me of one for some reason and for the others

Armored with a gunner window in the back front and top

EDIT: because this with the stuff i said before is badass!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:41:34 PM by plad101 »

I don't know if this has been suggested, but I looked through a good chunk of comments and didn't see any about this.

Anyways, I think you should make a Police Turismo, I think would be pretty epic.

I did a quick edit to get a feel for how I'm going to attempt this. If it looks like I just slapped a bunch of rectangles all over its because I did. What other way would you make it look like a bunch of scrap sheet metal was welded all over for protection?

The actual end result probably won't look like this. I want a heavier front, machine guns instead of a minigun, and i think i want to cut a hole in the roof for a rocket turret.

I did a quick edit to get a feel for how I'm going to attempt this. If it looks like I just slapped a bunch of rectangles all over its because I did. What other way would you make it look like a bunch of scrap sheet metal was welded all over for protection?
The actual end result probably won't look like this. I want a heavier front, machine guns instead of a minigun, and i think i want to cut a hole in the roof for a rocket turret.
That's alright I guess, but yeah, the rectangles look slapped on. Still cool anyway, and the minigun needs some sort of ammo thing.

Good job. :)

I personally think the wheels look a bit too, well, good. in a non-good way.

with the car being rusty and practically falling apart, the wheels looking unharmed seems strange.

well its meant for a Police Cruiser and the Fordor: Police reminds me of one for some reason and for the others

Armored with a gunner window in the back front and top

EDIT: because this with the stuff i said before is badass!

forget tha police

can you even see out of that in first person?

-snip-

Just asking, but what's the face/poly count?

i still wonder how you can manage to make all of this in milkshape, it's such a pain to use. do you just dupe verts and make faces? I looked at some of your models and the interior separate from exterior, it must be a huge pain to look at in milkshape.

What part of "this is a quick edit, this is not how end result will look, i will change things" do people have trouble uderstanding? Lol

You can see out, but the view is obviously limited. But again this was just messing around for a few minutes.

Poly count probably isnt as low as it could be. Im not the most efficient modeler and milkshape isnt the most efficiet program. Its not a pain to use at all for me because its what i started with and its what i know. It is actually incredibly simple. A lot of times i am just reshaping the verts on boxes, or creating parts one plane/face at a time. I usually make one side and then dupe and mirror. I know most of my stuff has unseen faces but im getting better about removing those.

you could add some nails through the scrap metal and maybe make some of it corrugated or something that looks corrugated

edit: oh, and remove the glass.
wheels should be covered by circular plates or just by A big steel plate altogether
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:12:46 AM by Wehrmacht »

you could add some nails through the scrap metal

Yeah this is what I was going to say.