Poll

Read this first

then read this
and this
but this one last

Author Topic: Phydeoux's Add-on Topic  (Read 95508 times)

Added side guns that will be operated by the driver, so he isn't totally useless without a team-mate, but obviously far more effective if he does have one to operate the turret.
Also added some extra strips to make model a little more interesting to look at.
Just need to add something for the turret guy to stand on in the back.

Added side guns that will be operated by the driver, so he isn't totally useless without a team-mate, but obviously far more effective if he does have one to operate the turret.
Also added some extra strips to make model a little more interesting to look at.
Just need to add something for the turret guy to stand on in the back.

YES!
YES!
YESSS!

Now needs some spikes on the front

Yeah i want to add a few more smaller details to it too, then I've got to come up with some armored rims for the tires.

Then maybe I can start working on one of the others soon.

Yeah i want to add a few more smaller details to it too, then I've got to come up with some armored rims for the tires.

Then maybe I can start working on one of the others soon.
kneecappers?

So update:

Still a lot of distraction via Skyrim, Battlefield3, and Dungeon Defenders, in that order. But I am creating some bricks with Siba. I model and then he puts them through 3DtoBlb for me. I've made the classic crystal we all know and love, a 4x3 half crate thing, the 4x4 barrel, and something that resembles the Rock Raiders rock/boulder. (top and bottom halves)

Also I was poking around the Garage Games blogs and found something....

You rage you lose.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u201/phydeoux3/DearGodPleaseNo.png

I lost.

Rock raiders stuff?

Where can I get this? :D

Eh now I'm not so sure about the whole thing. It's all too high poly, start losing fps when looking at 3 of them.
Plus I don't know the proper turret scripts. These are mounted through the console command that puts a named bot in a named vehicle.

I guess I can try removing all the side panels and redo it using textures that look like metal plates, remove the spikes, giant bolts, and light bar, and use really basic guns. Idk. Losing motivation.

My only complaint with that model is the distinct lack of hue in anything. It's all gray. The welding effect of stray parts would be way more noticeable if it wasn't dull brown, dull gray, dark dull gray, etc.

My only complaint with that model is the distinct lack of hue in anything. It's all gray. The welding effect of stray parts would be way more noticeable if it wasn't dull brown, dull gray, dark dull gray, etc.
Things tend to be less vibrant and colorful after an apocalypse. People stop caring about washing and waxing their cars to keep the paint nice.

Things tend to be less vibrant and colorful after an apocalypse. People stop caring about washing and waxing their cars to keep the paint nice.
Right, but luckily the world of design is free from such limitations and expectations and if you wanted to color the left door bright yellow you can.

Right, but luckily the world of design is free from such limitations and expectations and if you wanted to color the left door bright yellow you can.
Sunshine lolipops and rainbows doesnt sound like a design style that will be recognized as being post apocalyptic. Either way im leaning towards this being a private addon now.

Another private addon? I think you should at least just make one Post Apocalypse car, that way we can still do Mad Max themed DM's.

being a private addon now.

My hope for Twisted Metal themed DMs are ruined......

Phy, you are inspiring me to make stuff like this..

Do it. Make stuff. Practice and get better and then overthrow me. That way I can maybe play the game. lol