Poll

Read this first

then read this
and this
but this one last

Author Topic: Phydeoux's Add-on Topic  (Read 95489 times)

My hope for Twisted Metal themed DMs are ruined......

There is two of us now.

Do it. Make stuff. Practice and get better and then overthrow me. That way I can maybe play the game. lol
you act like you're only allowed to make add-ons

you act like you're only allowed to make add-ons
I join a server and I get more attention and repeated add-on requests than I'd like. Sometimes I just want to play the game as a normal nobody, which is why I often join games under a different name.

And with the declining amount of quality add-ons being released I always seem to feel obligated to make something. The game needs more good contributors who contribute more often. Until we are at a point where it seems like everyone can have what they'd want.

Problem is for me, I'm still learning to script.

Problem is for me, I'm still learning to script.
that's the easy part, don't worry about that. there are tons of people willing to script good blockland-like add-ons. work on actually making good blockland fitting models. also phy, i love the grid snapping method.

I have no idea how many times this has been requested before, but can the fighter jets be made to have a lower speed/turn ratio? I find myself oversteering and turning double and whatnot all the time.

that's the easy part, don't worry about that. there are tons of people willing to script good blockland-like add-ons. work on actually making good blockland fitting models. also phy, i love the grid snapping method.
I love it too. It gives the entire model a sort of unity. Of course not everything is 100% snapped to the grid though, such as cylinders, spheres, etc. And some things will be shifted to line up with diagonal faces. I like miklshape's grid. 5 unites wide and 2 units tall is the exact size of a 1x1 plate, which makes measuring doors easy. and anything inside a 2x2 unit square will fit in a blocklander's hands nicely; great for measuring weapon handles.

I have no idea how many times this has been requested before, but can the fighter jets be made to have a lower speed/turn ratio? I find myself oversteering and turning double and whatnot all the time.
I'm going to redo the fighter jet. The turning will be tuned down, and i want to combine the mg version into the rest, so that each plane has a main weapon and then backup mg. Hence why it hasnt been updated with proper shadows yet. Just need scripts to either do weapon switch, or use a key to launch the missiles.

stratofortress' new f18 has a very nice weapon switch script going on, but i can never kill anything because i am constantly over-correcting.

Before I was even playing BL(didn't have the cash at the time) I had an idea of an ammo system planned out.

Then Tier Tac came out, and it pretty much summed it up.

Then I got the idea for a weapon customization system, but there's so many limits that it's taking a while to figure it out.

I just wanna be self sufficient, I mean, I understand some script, they syntax and whatnot, it's just the content, like  "currtool" and "obj", those I know what those mean, it's just some other stuff I need to look into.

Hosting a quick vehicle TDM with the Post Apocalyptic Fordors right now. I will also host sometime tomorrow, probably around noon PST

[edit]
It actually turned out to be a pretty fun server! :D It got crazy though
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:39:43 AM by phydeoux »

Looking forward to playing at your server tomarrow.

Server today will be delayed, im going to a small auto show so i probably wont be back in time.

Oh good! I thought I missed the server. Have fun at the auto show.

maybe he might get some inspiration  :cookieMonster:

Server is goin up now. Auto show was nice. There were some really nice cars, but the only one that had a velvet rope was the badass Mustang Boss 302, which I drooled over, naturally.

so i'm guessing there weren't any sports cars