Phydeoux's Add-on Topic

Poll

Read this first

then read this
and this
but this one last

Author Topic: Phydeoux's Add-on Topic  (Read 95538 times)

Got 4 of the doors in game. They all work like the one in the video. I converted the model of the one on the far left, and then just edited the blb 3 times to make the rest. Starting to feel like I know how to read blb files now.
Yes, you idiot, I know the UV textures are all wrong. I haven't even done anything with them yet, that is how it comes out of the converter.
And yes, I know the door handle is missing a back face in the second door.
The two doors on the ends don't look good undulo'd. I know you'd all want me to fix this, but I can't help but question how practical it is to have jello doors.

Coo'. Also, about that suggestion. I was wondering if you could extend the buses a tiny bit once you get free time. I feel the bus long isn't that long if it just has 6 windows.

When you make those doors, make duplicate versions/parts where it's got the hinge, and the door without the hinge on it.

If you release a door pack, will you include a basic Lego door, like in the video? Maybe more symmetrical so you don't need two versions of it?

I like those doors. Alot.
I don't care about the undulo. Who would want to undulo his door anyways?
But what happens if a player get's stuck in the door?

I like how your doors can now have actually glass because JVS doors don't.

I like the lego design too.

So are you going to include the left or right side versions to certain doors?

I like those doors. Alot.
I don't care about the undulo. Who would want to undulo his door anyways?
But what happens if a player get's stuck in the door?
I was wondering that myself. Probably nothing much. The player is likely able to walk out of it, or if they are stuck im sure they can find a spot to click and open it.

Are these exactly 1 stud wide? I know a lot of people would hate that (because of "realism"), but I'd love to have that. You would get rid of one of the main problems of JVS doors, namely when you want to paint the outside wall in a different color than the inside wall. And it would look more blocky :)

Also; do they lag less than JVS? (Not that JVS lag very much, but they are more ressource-hungry than the average brick)

Are these exactly 1 stud wide? I know a lot of people would hate that (because of "realism"), but I'd love to have that. You would get rid of one of the main problems of JVS doors, namely when you want to paint the outside wall in a different color than the inside wall. And it would look more blocky :)

Also; do they lag less than JVS? (Not that JVS lag very much, but they are more ressource-hungry than the average brick)

Yes. .blb is more efficient than what JVS does. You can have twice as many as these than you can with JVS.

I must have ADHD or something lately. Today I suddenly decided I'd like to do a medieval fantasy RPG someday.

It would have Custom bot playertypes like goblins, orcs, skeletons, and lizardmen roaming around. And it would be equipment based, so I wouldn't have to worry about doing exp and whatnot. You just work hard to earn the next tiered weapons, armor, and magical enchantments, then go kill the stronger enemies with it.

The weapon materials would be, in order of strength; Wooden, Copper, Iron, Steel, Silver, Obsidian, Diamond.
Made a batch of very basic models. Not a lot of drastic change from one tier to the next. Kind of like an evolution thing, I like that.

The picture above shows 6 of the 8 weapon types:
Dagger, Sword, Axe, Hammer (dagger fastest, hammer strongest)
Scepter, Staff (scepter faster, staff stronger)
Bow, Crossbow (bow faster, crossbow more accurate)

There would be Light, Medium, and Heavy custom modeled armors too. Off hand items that include shields and healing tomes.
The enchantments will be the usual Fire, Frost, Lightning, Unholy/Dark, Holy/Light. So I will probably put a crystal in all of the melee weapons too (and silver wand/staff) and the color of the crystal will change depending on the enchantment it has.

I must have ADHD or something lately. Today I suddenly decided I'd like to do a medieval fantasy RPG someday.

It would have Custom bot playertypes like goblins, orcs, skeletons, and lizardmen roaming around. And it would be equipment based, so I wouldn't have to worry about doing exp and whatnot. You just work hard to earn the next tiered weapons, armor, and magical enchantments, then go kill the stronger enemies with it.

The weapon materials would be, in order of strength; Wooden, Copper, Iron, Steel, Silver, Obsidian, Diamond.
Made a batch of very basic models. Not a lot of drastic change from one tier to the next. Kind of like an evolution thing, I like that.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u201/phydeoux3/RpgWeps.png
The picture above shows 6 of the 8 weapon types:
Dagger, Sword, Axe, Hammer (dagger fastest, hammer strongest)
Scepter, Staff (scepter faster, staff stronger)
Bow, Crossbow (bow faster, crossbow more accurate)

There would be Light, Medium, and Heavy custom modeled armors too. Off hand items that include shields and healing tomes.
The enchantments will be the usual Fire, Frost, Lightning, Unholy/Dark, Holy/Light. So I will probably put a crystal in all of the melee weapons too (and silver wand/staff) and the color of the crystal will change depending on the enchantment it has.
Nice. Can't wait to see them in action someday.

You should do up a custom playertype for armor as nodes + custom animations and whatnot

Would be god tier

With custom animations 2h weapons would even be viable, seriously someone needs to do this stuff properly
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:37:13 AM by M »

You should do up a custom playertype for armor as nodes + custom animations and whatnot

Would be god tier
That would be cool, but a LOT of work. I think for now the armor will be an item that when used, equips the full suit by mounting the individual parts to the player joints.
The playertype though will still be custom, but not custom model. It will be more like the L4D Survivor, and Advanced Army Pack player. Only specific tool slots can hold certain  items.

1st Weapon
2nd Offhand
3rd Consumable
4th Consumable
5th Consumable
6th Consumable
7th Armor