The future of computers?

Author Topic: The future of computers?  (Read 706 times)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-could-be-big-abc-news/death-keyboards-monitors-omnitouch-202115388.html

Some guy made a system that projects your computer-screen to any surface, and turns it into a touchpad. 
Pretty cool, huh?

Was already posted.

What happens if you are in an environment that doesn't work well with projections? Or what if you keep getting constant shadows that cover the projection? Oh and there is almost no privacy as you can not hide a projection easily like a computer screen.

I'll stick to my monitor.

Yeah, I prefer monitors personally. But this would eventually lead to more user-friendly technology.  

But this would eventually lead to more user-friendly technology.  

And then no one will be able to tell apart body actions from people using computers.

You know what I find disappointing about you people? You seem to have no imagination. You see something like this, and assume it will always be like this. Like it will always be some big equipment projecting stuff onto your hand. You don't think beyond what this is currently to what it could be. This is just the first time we've seen something like this, it could go in a million directions.
Also, it wasn't some guy who made it, it was Microsoft. I think a few people made it before, and then Microsoft picked it up.

You know what I find disappointing about you people? You seem to have no imagination. You see something like this, and assume it will always be like this. Like it will always be some big equipment projecting stuff onto your hand. You don't think beyond what this is currently to what it could be. This is just the first time we've seen something like this, it could go in a million directions.
Also, it wasn't some guy who made it, it was Microsoft. I think a few people made it before, and then Microsoft picked it up.

I just want my damn flying car, I've been waiting since 2,000. Back to The Future predicts flying cars around 2015 or whatever, I want them now!

Looks legit.

Seriously though if they can put this stuff into a necklace or something I would buy this.

Like i said in the other topic, what happens if you shine it on a mirror and then touch the reflected image?

Like i said in the other topic, what happens if you shine it on a mirror and then touch the reflected image?

It would probably break the way the program determines what you're touching and where. Microsoft uploaded a video somewhere explaining how they do it.

I really, really don't like touch screen anything. It's generally very unresponsive for me.

I really, really don't like touch screen anything. It's generally very unresponsive for me.

And touching your hand would be any different? I rather have something with buttons.