Author Topic: Default Builds being "Bumped"  (Read 2133 times)

Seems that whenever I open Blockland, V20 restores everything that may be damaged or broken. This is good and all, but its getting really annoying with the default builds, and here is why:

When I go to load a build I was working on, say yesterday, ALL the default builds are bumped up to the top of my list under "Recent Date". I'm pretty sure this is because V20 keeps restoring them. The game thinks that they were "Edited" and updates the edit time to when I open the game.
I HATE having to scroll past them each time I go to load, its just annoying.

Same with the default screenshots. I don't want them, they are not mine and therefore mean nothing to me. I don't like how it gives them back.

Saves, Screenshots, and textures should not be instantly restored unless the user wants them to be.

I always just list saves in alphabetical order. I never knew you could even change that.

It's a procaution against people being stupid, then spamming the forum for the files. The only thing that should be fixed is saves being bumped.

There should be a 'Fix.exe' tucked inside the Blockland Folder that does a game restore when you use it instead of doing it default each time you open Blockland.

And yea Tingalz. Using the "Date" option up top the loading menu lists the builds you were most recently working on in order so you can get back to what you were doing with ease. Its quite useful.

the date doesnt work for me :(

Having the scroll past the default builds annoys me too because I think that the date is ordered in reverse, so I go to change it and then I remember it "updated" them.

In general, the launcher should be somewhat customizable.

I'd like to able to specify a directory for my BL installation - I really don't want it in my documents.

There are workarounds, but they are awkward and ineffective.

its there for a legitimate reason.

just sayin'

In general, the launcher should be somewhat customizable.

I'd like to able to specify a directory for my BL installation - I really don't want it in my documents.

There are workarounds, but they are awkward and ineffective.
Use the profilePath argument. Use the search.

You chose where you wanted the Blockland folder to be on installation, right? You could put it in your Downloads folder if you wanted.

I put Blockland in system32.

There really should be a restoreDefaults.exe or a thread containing a clean zip of all of the default add-ons and UIs.

I know it's not strictly professional, but seeing as this game is revolved around being able to modify it, an exception should be made.

There really should be a restoreDefaults.exe or a thread containing a clean zip of all of the default add-ons and UIs.

I know it's not strictly professional, but seeing as this game is revolved around being able to modify it, an exception should be made.

WoW operates that way, having a 'Fix.exe'. It is a legit workaround for this inconvenience.
Id love to see it implemented.

WoW operates that way, having a 'Fix.exe'. It is a legit workaround for this inconvenience.
Id love to see it implemented.
Badspot purposely made the game check itself each time as an idiot proof feature, he's not going to change that any time soon.

Is this the only reason you want the auto-restore feature to be removed? Why remove the whole feature when this is just a localized problem? Something such as just ignoring the save directory or hard coding to only check the default saves would be better.

Is this the only reason you want the auto-restore feature to be removed?

Cant get rid of Default Builds, cant get rid of Default Screenshots, cant edit brick textures, cant edit default terrain textures, cant edit default CIs, cant edit any default textures or images, and it bumps all the default builds to the top of my list each time I open Blockland.

The point where it takes away fun and useful customization like that is where I draw a line. Give me the option to restore defaults when I want to, not each time I open the game.

It can still be "Idiot Proof" and retain some form of customization.