Poll

What should I do with it?

Nothing, don't ruin it.
0 (0%)
Nothing, it sucks horribly.
2 (28.6%)
Wait to submit it for a competition or a contest.
0 (0%)
Turn it into a deathmatch.
2 (28.6%)
Make it a treasure hunt.
2 (28.6%)
Use it in a video.
1 (14.3%)
Delete the files.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Small WIP Stylized build  (Read 978 times)

I think it turned out...
Quaint.

Updating Blockland messed with my screenshot numbers and I'm too la/stupid/zy to fix.
Also, I did turn the quality up, but something went wrong, as far as I can see. It looks a bit granulated and crappy.

Anyway, the style of this build is rather different. I tried a number of new techniques, and they look nice in my opinion.

Please express your opinion of this build by typing a fraction signifying the percentage of satisfaction that you would feel if this build was your own.

Try misinterpreting that.

I really like the parts with the squares and the yellow lights. I also like the contrast from the green parts and the other parts. The rarity of said parts makes each occurance a real delight. The choice of map was perfect considering how you made the lights light up your build instead of the map. The smotheness of the grass and the cubes is seamless... I wish I could acomplish such building. All in all... I am speachless at your squares and lights.

also... first post

stuff ton of print bricks, nonetheless great job.

Thanks guys! I'm thinking of expanding this or turning it into a deathmatch, but I can't host. I'll post more when it gets larger.

Progress bump. I think it may stay at this point.

I changed lighting to lampposts. The spawn point is evented so that when the player touches it, it activates the flickering of the lights. I think it might lag a little, but it adds to the feeling of the place a lot.

Added poll. Also, remember to
express your opinion of this build by typing a fraction signifying the percentage of satisfaction that you would feel if this build was your own.
As in 1/10, 5/10, 9/10, etc.

make it a treasure hunt, but when they find the treasure!!!!!!! make a huge inconceivable amount of pongs and emitters come out, lagging them so bad that they have to quit! Its the perfect treasure trap.

make it a treasure hunt, but when they find the treasure!!!!!!! make a huge inconceivable amount of pongs and emitters come out, lagging them so bad that they have to quit! Its the perfect treasure trap.
Like this?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=175621.0

I might treasure hunt, but I dislike lag traps in general.

On another topic, why do people vote in the polls without explaining why or anything?
I just want to know peoples' opinions and why they have them, it's not hard.
Then there's the whole thing of some people liking it a lot and some people hating it.