Uber City RP Revamped (new stuff added as of 12/1/11)

Poll

What should I work on next?

Auto theft
Apartments
Middle class area
Transblocklandian Pyramid
New house design

Author Topic: Uber City RP Revamped (new stuff added as of 12/1/11)  (Read 8756 times)

This is the new thread for my Uber City RP because the old one got too old.

What was made before:
-Highway
-1 bridge
-The beginning of a class-based residential area
-Some ground
-A house design

Updates:
-Event based instead of Mod based
-Lots can be bought
-First class-based residential area finished
-Resource basics finished
-New road ways added
-One bridge
-jobs and promotions basics finished
-two new house designs added
-Another bridge added
-second highway finished
-Traffic lights have been added
----update----
-Education added
-tunnel
-admin + poor areas
-ramp up to the soon to be mine area
-forest area and river
-central city area
-gasstations added

Soon to come:
-Streets sign
-Banking
-official mine, forest, and lake
-more house designs
-The city center
-Upper class neighborhood
-Laws
-Agriculture
-The academy
-Resource reliance?
-disease
-fire
-wild animals
-subway system
-bus+taxi system
-archaic legends cave
-restaurants
-city hall
-clock tower

Things i don't know how to do:
-mailing
-Buying pre-owned houses
-crime+Jailing
-Drug network
-weather
-wet road effect

Description:
Uber City RP is different than normal City RPs.  First off, you see the word Uber, German for a huge ass piece of awesomeness. This is correct.  Where most city RPs are just some road baseplates crisscrossing to form large pits where houses can be made and having a stuffty mod system to support it all, the Uber City RP is a colossal monstrosity of infinite land and roads without those nasty pits to ruin the view.  My main focus on this RP was to incorporate as many realistic concepts as possible in blockland.  Such regulations as speed limits and property taxes.  I also wanted this to look as best it can which is why I rejected the road baseplates and substituted with my own road creations.

Property:
An interesting feature added is that people can buy lots where they can build their houses.  This is accomplished by using the setbrickowner event.  In the future, I hope to add the ability to but pre-owned buildings on the lots to replicate that aspect.

Resources:
This aspect did not take me all that long to figure out.  The resources are lumber, stone, and fish (soon to come).  It utilizes VCE and the axe and pickaxe items.  I hope to add different types of resources later on, like fur or farming, and I hope to use some different tools than the ones I'm using now.  I may use the resource reliance system where items and stuff need resources to be spawned.

Roads:
Instead of using the usual road baseplate, I decided to make my own roads out of bricks.  I attemptes to make the roads as spamless as possible, but because I made the roads from bricks, they were still rather spammy.  The center portion of the road is a 16x16 print baseplate printed with a space to make it all flat-looking.  I was going to use the ramp-texture print for it originally but I forget why I didn't end up using it.  As for the lines, simple 2x1 print plates with space print for dashed lines and shaded on one side for double lines.

Jobs and Promotions:
I have figured out how to do jobs and promotions.  So far, only the miner and axeman has been made.  These jobs work on commission and for every tree/rock you take down, you gain logs/ore, respectively, and exp.  Exp varies per type of rock/tree you chop down/mine.  Once you reach a certain exp amount, you gain a level.  After so many levels as a miner/axeman, you can then go to the academy and get education.

The Academy:
As stated above, you get education at the academy.  Everyone starts out as a miner, axeman, fisherman, or any other ground level job i add.  This is so that incase i use the resource reliance system, well will have enough without me needing to add more constantly.  You can get and infinite amount of education.  I will most likely, when i get there, make it so you have to pay for the education, have a required job level, and then wait in the academy (or not) for so long before you may gain the education point.  This is so that people don't easily acquire education.

Transportation:
In the city RP, I hope to make vehicles cost a lot of money so spawning them would be discouraged.  Bikes would be free cuz I can host a lot o player-type vehicles.  The subway system will be added when I get to the city center part and will encircle the base of the city center.  The train will be automated and the track will be a square.  Want to know how I make smooth transitions at the corners?  Too bad.  I ain't gunna tell no one yet.  Buses and taxis will also be available.  Corresponding bus stops and metro entrances will be located throughout the city.

Chaos:
Chaos will include fires, disease, and wild animals (maybe).  If I can figure out a way to put these factors into the city, I will.  The fires will use the firemod and hydrants will be set up to use.  Disease will occur if you go to specific places, like the sewer or dump, an disease is randomly acquired there and can be spread if players come in contact with each other.

Delivery system:
Along with the resource reliance, I will probably use the delivery system.  This could include transporting wood, ore, fish, garbage, cement...to any place.  This would work, say for a garbage truck, so that the garbage man collects all trash made by places, storing the variables gained in to the vehicle, then dumping the variables when it reaches a point, the landfill.

Pictures Added

This is a picture of the gas pumps at one of the BP (Blockland Petrol) gas stations.  Instructions on how to use them will be added in-game.

This is the store area at any typical BP gas station.  It will soon be stocked with food and items to fuel your various food and item needs.

This is of the new bridge that passes over the highway.  The new one has four lanes running in opposite directions.  The old one had six lanes and was extremely spammy and badly made.  This bridge is part of the second highway that connects the middle class area, the internal city area, and the tunnel to admin and upper class areas.  The latter of the two pictures is the underside of the bridge.  I have measured all bridges to be just taller than the cement mixer, the tallest automobile in my game.

This is the first highway.  It is six lanes wide with a median and two side roads.  The highway is depressed into the land and has a grey slanted wall to keep the dirt off.  You can see the new bridge all the way down.  The median will most likely be changed to something better.  This is the view of the first straight part before it curves into the second straight part.

this is the view of the ATM type machined where you can change/check your job, sell your resources, or mess with your bank moneys (soon to come).  The brown polls are just testing blocks for the jobs and promotions.  The cave behind the brown rods houses the mine for now until I make the mining and lumbering neighborhood.  The woods are behind me and I can't decide whether to use the bad prop trees or make it complicated and make my own trees from bricks.

This is a better view of the trees.  Darker and more vibrant colors give more logs and exp, but take longer to chop.  The mine is in between the highway an middle class neighborhood.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:48:43 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

Can we rate

Once I get pictures up

And if anyone wants the event strain for any of the RP actions, I can post them.

ah, not that impressive goal wise.

Tons of different drug systems have already been added, so the fact that you're making one isn't that original or impressive.
The fact that you're actually making the roads may be a personal advancement, but not much of an advancement in the CityRPG community overall.

what I'm saying here is that most of this is already expected of a decent CityRPG.

the fact that you're passing the stuffty CityRPGs in quality only brings your CityRPG up to a moderate status, neither inferior nor superior to other CityRPGs.

"revamp" your expectations and raise the bar for your CityRPG. It's the only way you'll truly advance into an "uber" state.

ah, not that impressive goal wise.

Tons of different drug systems have already been added, so the fact that you're making one isn't that original or impressive.
The fact that you're actually making the roads may be a personal advancement, but not much of an advancement in the CityRPG community overall.

what I'm saying here is that most of this is already expected of a decent CityRPG.

the fact that you're passing the stuffty CityRPGs in quality only brings your CityRPG up to a moderate status, neither inferior nor superior to other CityRPGs.

"revamp" your expectations and raise the bar for your CityRPG. It's the only way you'll truly advance into an "uber" state.

I guess I didn't explain well enough.  My city RP doesn't look like the crossing roads that look like a pound symbol, it looks like an actual city.  It will feature multidirectional roads with terrain such mountains, hills, and aquatic systems.

Uber was implying that this is a huge ass build compared to other city RPs and revamped simply meant that new things were added since the old topic.

But I should probably change this to a Community RP because it encompasses more than just a city, it has outreaches into rural and slum areas as well as mountain and sea-like environments.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:43:06 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

One problem, didn't VCE break after the VCE update?

No.
A lot of pele are ahving problems with vce and the onactivate input event

I actually will play this
My friend Brian says he would love to help with the eventing if you want
he say's he has high expectations of this.

I could help build, I'm good at making slum-like buildings

By sea like, I really hope you mean coastal. lol

So where, exactly, are these pictures you promised?

So where, exactly, are these pictures you promised?
could you stop being such an ass and be patient

Should have built and taken pictures before posting
It's like saying "Hey guys! I have a build I wanna show you, but I have no way to show you yet!"
(*`へ´*)

Gallery post with no pictures.

Coolstorybro