Author Topic: Out of the console.log  (Read 1106 times)

Just thought I'd post this.
Executing Add-Ons/System_ReturnToBlockland/modules/client/modManager.cs.
Activating package: RTBC_ModManager
    Add-On folder does not follow the format <category>_<name> - will not execute
Executing Add-Ons/System_ReturnToBlockland/modules/client/serverControl.cs.

That means you have an invalidly named add-on in your add-ons folder. This is not a critical issue.

OK. After a clean install, seems gamemode zombie is the cause of the RTB error. I've noticed this on some other add ons also.
Aren't the add ons submitted to this website tested for this kind of thing?

OK. After a clean install, seems gamemode zombie is the cause of the RTB error. I've noticed this on some other add ons also.
Aren't the add ons submitted to this website tested for this kind of thing?
This seriously isn't an issue.

Hmm. An add on that generates errors isn't an issue. Well, an error is an error. No matter how one looks at it. And 1 error usually, but not always, causes other errors.
If it was my add on that was generating errors, I'd like to know about it so I could address it.
I'm just providing feedback.

Hmm. An add on that generates errors isn't an issue. Well, an error is an error. No matter how one looks at it. And 1 error usually, but not always, causes other errors.
If it was my add on that was generating errors, I'd like to know about it so I could address it.
'Oops forgot my car keys on the key shelf, better shoot myself because I made a mistake.'

If it's an Add-On that's generating errors then there is little we can do about it.
Either remove it from your Add-Ons folder or ask the creator of the add-on about the error and if he has a way to fix it, and if you haven't already, try redownloading the add-on.

Also, note for the future, these types of topics should be posted in the Help section.

This is a user-caused error.

It has nothing to do with a mod being broken.

What happened is that you placed a zip file or directory in the add-ons folder that was rejected because it did not follow the add-on format.

Add-On folder does not follow the format <category>_<name> - will not execute

All Blockland addons follow a basic packaging rule, they must be in a ZIP with the proper naming format, as stated above, it's <category>_<name>. Weapon_HeavyRL, Brick_GrillPlate, Map_Slate, etc.

When that error pops up it means the addon isn't named with the formatting of <category>_<name>. Address it by renaming the addon ZIP file to follow the format.

Errors are errors, this isn't a very big one.