Author Topic: Build Renovation Competition  (Read 29209 times)

There be not a thread for such, unfortunately. I lost the save after my computer broke down, and the only available one is rather in shambles. :c
Aw.

Maybe Owen still has a save? :o

But perhaps I'll redo it again. But for now, my mission is clear. Signore Biscotto is the wind beneath my wings, and I shall fly by his breeze. And thus, I do believe we should remain on topic.
Oh, okay.

Can I at least see the one in "shambles"?

Someone should host a server so people can work and build together. :o

Can I at least see the one in "shambles"?
Sure, but I'd have to get the save from my friend first. :o

Mmm.

i occasionally host a server with the name "MrCookie's Renovation Competition"

If you ask me nobody should not post any screenies of their house until judging day. Stealing ideas and whatnot. Do we have to share the save?

you do not have to share the save

When does it end?

undecided

Well, mine is well underway. Im not a very good builder so I didnt demolish the entire outside and rebuild it or something like that. I will show it when it's done but I will tell you right now it is set sometime in December

Another idea for improvement: Rather than having one winner, the competition should have three categories each with their own winners. You see if one person only fancies up the exterior and completely disregards the interior, his build cannot be compared to someone who has redone the entire exterior and interior. So interior, exterior and complete categories?

So what happens if I hammer all of this and build somethign totally different?
What edits are we confined to?

So what happens if I hammer all of this and build somethign totally different?
What edits are we confined to?
Common sense.

I bet tag will be a fatty and kill half of the build.

Another idea for improvement: Rather than having one winner, the competition should have three categories each with their own winners. You see if one person only fancies up the exterior and completely disregards the interior, his build cannot be compared to someone who has redone the entire exterior and interior. So interior, exterior and complete categories?

There will be first place, second place, and third place. The way the renovations will be judged is as a whole. You can create a super fantastic exterior, but neglect the interior and have it rated higher than someone who did a bad job renovating interior and exterior.

When is the deadline?

Nov. 19, 2011, Saturday

unless people need more time

I just ended up destroying everything but baseplate, so :3