Author Topic: Build Renovation Competition  (Read 29398 times)

Lordy Lord has once again made an amazing build but I can't help but to feel that he changed the house too much. With a quick look the house is completely unrecognizable unlike Sleven's house for example.

I find that some parts is too messy for my taste.

Example, this pic with a lot of windows, and sharp beams.

The exterior walls doesn't fit well for interior. Looks badly arranged.

Also, don't like your gardening, which I find too extreme and bright. On nearly every open grass spot, you've put eye soring  flowers.
Reminds me a bit of colorful mushrooms.

On the whole, this is a gorgeous house, which easily beats mine. :)

View from the kitchen towards sitting area and fireplace.

redliub's builds are awesome wtf u talking about

There is barely no furnitures. Mostly empty rooms, which explains why he haven't taken pics of em too.
The back, with balconies are awesome, but it looks pretty bland otherwise.
Creds for using default colorset. If I'm correct.

I guess I can agree, the one that's tan and teal with two stories and Lordys have been drastically changed. Its not much a renovation but a rebuild.

I'll post my renovation tomorrow.

Nope. Drake wins all the way.
Actually changed my mind.
I think Reliub or Demian could win.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:47:09 AM by Bahamut »

Here's mine! It's not going to win, but I felt like posting it anyway.

that's it!

Sorry it didn't run out as great as I would've wanted it to, but I'll do better next time around.

Sleven, since you are not in fact a judge, I don't understand why you felt like you could break down my house in segments and criticize it. Actually, you seemed to criticize all aspects of my build, and then state that it was still better then your own, unless you were sarcastic; that doesn't make any sense. I honestly fail to see the reason for your post.

Also, to all the people who said that I completely rebuilt the house, and thus it's not a renovation, please refer to the topic post. The definition of renovation is clearly stated, and my construction easily falls under the given definition. Plus, I don't really understand why you would want to still see the original house in the first place. The fact that my renovation looks completely different from the original home, while still keeping it's underlying structure, simply shows how good a renovation it really is.

I want to get into this during the next contest period. This seems really fun.

I guess I need to start practicing my building again, I used to be able to build the best houses and realistic mountain ranges. Hopefully there will be another competition

When does next period start

Well, after getting together with rguy and BT, here are the results:

• 1st - Redliub
  • 2nd - Sleven
  • 3rd - Lordy Lord

It was a tough debate between Redliub and Sleven, because Redliub had a superior exterior, but Sleven had a better interior. It was decided in the end as Redliub being the winner because he had better brick efficiency, he used barely any custom bricks, and he used the default colourset. Lordy Lord lost many points due to his colour scheme, which was very odd. (We took into account that he was trying for a Chinese theme.) Although, his interior was pretty good, which gave him a lot of points.

Next reno build will be posted within a week from now.

Looking forward to the next renovation. Do you have an estimated time when the next round will begin?

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the bottom of Cook's post.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:51:18 PM by Lordy Lord »