Somewhat cartoony
Cartoony
Super cartoony
Slightly chibi style
Chibi style
Ultra chibi style
Super cutely deformed overload
Doesn't matter

Author Topic: Anime and Manga Megathread  (Read 1239793 times)

Armin (at least in the anime) had some form of loving character development. Mikasa and Levi border on Mary Sue territory.

"border" - that's generous as hell

also

Armin (at least in the anime) had some form of loving character development. Mikasa and Levi border on Mary Sue territory.
mikasa isn't perfect, she loses control of her emotions multiple times and she does have character development, perhaps not as much as she should have but she does have a backstory and interesting conflict.
levi on the other hand not so much.

she loses control of her emotions multiple times

This NEVER causes a person to NOT be a mary sue. Kira Yamato, for instance, cries like a bitch every three seconds.

Hard mode: Drink a whole container of syrup of ipecac, then watch the first ten minutes of Elfin Lied without vomiting.

mikasa isn't perfect, she loses control of her emotions multiple times and she does have character development, perhaps not as much as she should have but she does have a backstory and interesting conflict.
Yeah, but she's titan slayer #1 and is a genius at tactical maneuvers or something. She never loses. Ever. Even if she's put into a position of danger, someone else always takes the fall for her. See: Levi blocking the female titan's fist to save Mikasa.

surprised I haven't seen this posted yet

internet explorer: the anime

Levi is much better than Mikasa.

He comes off as emotionless but he has to be when he's the corporal of the die-in-one-chapter squad.
He also doesn't let his emotions get to him as much because he can see how bad an idea attempting to capture Annie was.

Mikasa on the other hand, is so obssesed with getting the female titan, even though it's quite obvious that they've gotten their top priority back.

oohhOHOHHH a dark past that doesn't affect her at all we haven't seen that before.

(please tell me what the interesting conflict is)

oohhOHOHHH a dark past that doesn't affect her at all we haven't seen that before.

(please tell me what the interesting conflict is)
But her dark past does affect her and made her what she is now.

Doesn't explain how she was naturally gifted or whatever.

is attack on titan any good? im planning on watching it but i havent actually watched an anime in like 8 years now, but everyone keeps talking about this one

is attack on titan any good? im planning on watching it but i havent actually watched an anime in like 8 years now, but everyone keeps talking about this one
Well, to begin with, the intro is a lie.
But yes, it's worth it.
But it's not what the intro makes you believe it is, a action-packed badassery anime. A metric ton of drama going on in the anime.

It's a really good series.

But it is not as good as everyone chalks it up to be. Don't be persuaded to think otherwise because of the animation.

considering how much you enjoy vore, it's right up your alley

Well, to begin with, the intro is a lie.
But yes, it's worth it.
But it's not what the intro makes you believe it is, a action-packed badassery anime. A metric ton of melodrama* going on in the anime.