Author Topic: Boomerangdog's DRPG Server  (Read 11244 times)

My idea to fix botters is to make something like where it kicks you unless you have the Client, except it kicks you if you have the bots.
Or the other solution could be that I just change all of the tree's datablock names, so then the bot will be looking for OakData, but it would really be OakTreeData. I will not tell the people the new data names though, so no one can edit their bot. I may name it something completely un-related to oak, like naming it Ferret or KittyKat.
Idea A: I could always just not tell you I have a bot! GENIUS

Idea B: Datablock names aren't transmitted to the client anyway, the bot would look at the ui name instead and good luck hiding that from people

edit: yes i literally exist only to naysay everything you attempt, in hopes you will not attempt it and pollute the world any further
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:06:16 PM by M »

I wish the forums had a burn button.
I would roast this toast.

yes i literally exist only to naysay everything you attempt, in hopes you will not attempt it and pollute the world any further

I lold more than I should have

Derma is now large again

I think

Boomerangdog, I am not asking you to "release" it, but you can send me the script and I can balance it out and add more stuff to it.

I will not use this of my own purposes, I will use it just for your purposes.

You may send me a list of stuff you need/want. I can try to make it all happen.

I've read alot of these stuffty comments, I wanna do something about this.

Boomerangdog, I am not asking you to "release" it, but you can send me the script and I can balance it out and add more stuff to it.

I will not use this of my own purposes, I will use it just for your purposes.

You may send me a list of stuff you need/want. I can try to make it all happen.

I've read alot of these stuffty comments, I wanna do something about this.
I will say the one thing I have said to hundreds of other players. No.

Perhaps someone can make a fancier one that automatically turns to face other resources, and once in a while strafes just to throw off automatic bot detectors.
There is one that will go and find other resources of the same name that aren't already mined/chopped.

Or the other solution could be that I just change all of the tree's datablock names, so then the bot will be looking for OakData, but it would really be OakTreeData. I will not tell the people the new data names though, so no one can edit their bot. I may name it something completely un-related to oak, like naming it Ferret or KittyKat.
It also goes by UI Names, not datablock names.
The client never knows datablock names. Just IDs.

There is one that will go and find other resources of the same name that aren't already mined/chopped.
It also goes by UI Names, not datablock names.
The client never knows datablock names. Just IDs.
I've realized this... Not sure what I can do now, but at least all the idiots who do not know how to mod it to chop the new ones will lose their bots.

I've realized this... Not sure what I can do now, but at least all the idiots who do not know how to mod it to chop the new ones will lose their bots.
make playtime actually worth something then. no one wants to walk around and cut trees. not to mention you use pre generated resources that spawn in the same spot over and over again. if you die, nothing happens, just respawn and bot more. this is why i support losing items on death, as it adds more of a purpose to being active.

make playtime actually worth something then. no one wants to walk around and cut trees. not to mention you use pre generated resources that spawn in the same spot over and over again. if you die, nothing happens, just respawn and bot more. this is why i support losing items on death, as it adds more of a purpose to being active.
And adds a purpose to wanting to have a weapon.

Here's how it works.

You go into the brick menu, and look at the tree names.
Then if you have the bot, you type this into the console: setWoodcutter("TREE NAME THAT YOU SAW IN THE B MENU",5);

And adds a purpose to wanting to have a weapon.
Here's how it works.

You go into the brick menu, and look at the tree names.
Then if you have the bot, you type this into the console: setWoodcutter("TREE NAME THAT YOU SAW IN THE B MENU",5);
I know this, I have a bot myself but I never use it.

I know this, I have a bot myself but I never use it.
How do we know you haven't you used it?  There isn't much proof.
I'm just saying.  :cookieMonster:

Lol okay, here, the only reason I am a high level is building and melee and defense.