Boomerangdog's DRPG Server

Author Topic: Boomerangdog's DRPG Server  (Read 11230 times)

eh, I might join just for the heck of nostalgia

EDIT: Saphire isn't botting, the way he moves proves it
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:09:37 AM by Jacob 123456789 »

EDIT: Saphire isn't botting, the way he moves proves it
I didn't say all the time. Durr.

He even admitted he was botting when he came back and killed me.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:30:28 AM by zenloth »

Yes it is, but those people with special privileges are only allowed to bot if they are there, talking on chat. They are only allowed to bot if they are there, they would only do this if they do not feel like mining, and they want to talk. Simplified, no afk-botting, or they get a 2 day ban.
"If someone finds the game too boring to actually play i'm fine with them not playing it while still progressing"

D-D-D-DOUBLE TERRIBLE.

Chrono is a richardhead for giving it to Brian Smith.
If there's never going to be any official server, then I don't see the problem with other people hosting it. Even though I do agree it's really stuffty, but some people like it and will play it.

It's not like Boomerangdog would host anything better anyways.

If there's never going to be any official server, then I don't see the problem with other people hosting it. Even though I do agree it's really stuffty, but some people like it and will play it.

It's not like Boomerangdog would host anything better anyways.
STOP THAT, NO BEING LEVEL-HEADED AND REASONABLE ALLOWED.

Bot? You mean like opening the console, typing mousefire(1);, and looking at an automatically respawning resource?

Perhaps someone can make a fancier one that automatically turns to face other resources, and once in a while strafes just to throw off automatic bot detectors.

Why not reduce grinding by giving a harvest bonus for each skill type, reducing the time to gather, but that bonus decays as you use it, eventually making gathering take next to forever? That way, if you switch between resource types once in a while, you actually progress faster, while simply grinding one skill causes resource and skill gain to literally grind to a halt after a while?

Or, you know, fundamentally redesign the resource system; that would fix botting too...

My idea to fix botters is to make something like where it kicks you unless you have the Client, except it kicks you if you have the bots.
Or the other solution could be that I just change all of the tree's datablock names, so then the bot will be looking for OakData, but it would really be OakTreeData. I will not tell the people the new data names though, so no one can edit their bot. I may name it something completely un-related to oak, like naming it Ferret or KittyKat.

You can automatically hit trees and ores with a console command though. They don't need a botting add-on or anything.

That sounds pretty good actually. I like it!

You can automatically hit trees and ores with a console command though. They don't need a botting add-on or anything.

I am sick of this DRPG thing, it is fun but as zack said its unbalanced

I am sick of this DRPG thing, it is fun but as zack said its unbalanced
It is, but still try to enjoy it the rarity that it is ever hosted anymore.

When I first realized what you did
I was gonna release DRPG to the public to take
Just to ruin your server
But then I realized that I'm not a douche like you
So I don't have to do douche things.

I could host it any time but I don't have Zack's premission, so I won't.

this is actually pretty fun, I like the new things he's added