Author Topic: Am I able to run bf3 on this computer with low settings and stable fps?  (Read 1682 times)

I am almost guaranteed this is an overstatement unless the gpu is from the same year.
this is not an overstatement
it ran at 12 fps whenever there were any lights

THIS FOREVER AND EVER
my intel gpu couldn't run loving glquake
A GAME FROM 1996
Most low-tier Intel GPUs are not meant for gaming.  I actually don't criticize them anymore based on the fact that they were designed to just show you what the hell you're doing.  If you think old Intel GMA chips are supposed to be able to do even basic 3D, you're very wrong.  Their newest integrated HD chips, however, are fairly decent but still not good.

I have an integrated Intel graphics card because I bought this computer ebfore I had any tech knowledge.

Intel graphics suck.

Their newest integrated HD chips, however, are fairly decent but still not good.
for newer games mentioning any good words is an overstatement

but of course they're not meant for gaming at all. for example, OP can't run bf3 at all probably with that GPU

for the most part if you see "Intel" in the name of your GPU, you're not really going to be able to do much intensive gaming
I hope you know that the new Intel HD 3000 graphics chip is equal to a HD6550 or a GT 540.

Also, OP, we have a thread for this purpose:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=173725.0
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:54:34 AM by Ethan »

My laptop has Intel HD and 6470M, Intel HD is horrible. No idea which model of Intel HD tho. I always use 6470M tho.