Poll

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being unimportant/unnoticeable and 10 being extremely imporant/noticeable.

12 (14.3%)
2 (2.4%)
6 (7.1%)
6 (7.1%)
9 (10.7%)
2 (2.4%)
7 (8.3%)
10 (11.9%)
8 (9.5%)
22 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Anti-Aliasing: How important/noticeable is it to you in games?  (Read 2523 times)

In computer graphics, anti aliasing improves the appearance of polygon edges, so they are not "jagged", but smoothed out on the screen. However, it incurs a performance cost for the graphics card and uses more video memory. The level of anti-aliasing determines how smooth polygon edges are (and how much video memory it consumes).

What is it for you?

I refuse to go lower than 2x.

I refuse to go lower than 2x.
Typically I go as much as my video card supports.

i personally don't give a stuff about anti-aliasing and i'm fine with jagged edges.

Typically I go as much as my video card supports.

Me too. If I can manage as high as 8x, I'll do it. Even if I can only use low settings on a game, I'll still use 2x AA and suffer the performance hit.

Those GODDAMN PIXEL EDGES, MANG.

I'll play whatever my computer can handle

Honestly if my player's head is a dodecahedron I don't give a stuff as long as I can play

Keonesan, Me, and Mr. Wallet are having an argument over Skype about this. So I decided to get some opinions.

i always pick 8x if available because i know my card can handle it just fine

and
I refuse to go lower than 4x.

I refuse anything lower than 24x AA on Edge Detect.

I barely notice it but I pick the highest option because pretty.

I can live with no AA depending on the situation but 4x works fine for me. 24x for screenshots or similar.

my computer refuses to go any higher than nothing

2x is nice to have, but I don't need it at all

Depends alot on the game. Most of the time it's not needed really.