Author Topic: Custom Animations Project  (Read 18866 times)

Recently I have found out it is possible to add custom animations to the default playermodel. I have managed to make animations, but most require blending with pre-existing animations such as armready. Those animations have to be recreated as close as possible, or overwritten with new ones. To set it up for exporting, just add detail32 and shape then parent the bone group to it and export animations as .dsq. Priority of armreadyboth is 14.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r64v95akfe0aezo
The minifig which I have has bones which are not rotated correctly. Basically the skeleton is telling the game what to do regardless of what the minifig in blender looks like it is doing.

To get a correct bone rotation, I am currently working on overwriting m_Armreadyboth.dsq but I am only working on the right arm for right now. To test the animation in game, i type /hug or wield guns akimbo. Opening the armreadyboth file allows me to see which bones are included in the animation. Most are just blank root frames, but righthand, rightarm, lefthand, and leftarm all move during the animation.
Code: [Select]
        main   start   Hip   Torso   RightArm   RightHand   RHand100   Rarm100   LeftArm   LeftHand   LHand100   Larm100   Head   HeadSkin100   chest100   Mount2   RightLeg   Rshoe100   LeftLeg   Lshoe100   pants100   Eye          D    h
/<5Kp&7ZRR^gV>N  ~  -S<P'ܩRNRxUN                              armready       =                                     =       0                                              

The custom animations are overwritten in a script written by chrono
http://www.mediafire.com/?3hsgl4j49q7cgcr
Just replace the animations in that folder, change playertype to animation test, and play the thread you need. Custom animations that are not defined can be added in as well.

If this ever works out, full body animations can be added without using hands. Possibilities include- Sword animations, kicking animations, flipping mid air animations, waving your hand animations, and so much more.

I cannot figure out the correct rotations for almost all of those bones alone. That's why I suggest this being a multiple person project to fix this up.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:29:26 PM by heedicalking »

I've wanted to do this for a very long time :I

Didn't Eksi do something like this?

EDIT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puz4pX7axPg
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:04:31 PM by Nasoa »

Didn't Eksi do something like this?

EDIT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puz4pX7axPg
He only tweaked the animation which has many limits. If the method I am trying works, there will be barely any limits.

This is nifty. So, this animation only shows up for you, or other players as well? Or do you replace the default in your server, and that is where it works?

This is nifty. So, this animation only shows up for you, or other players as well? Or do you replace the default in your server, and that is where it works?
This requires no replacing at all and shows up for everyone. I am only replacing things to get the correct bone structure, but the initial rotation is a problem. Sadly, i cannot find help because:
a- most don't want to help.
b- most don't know how to help.
c-  only about 3 people could even remotely help.

I have found the problem. With the armatures, the bone's normal axis X and Y is flipped, making the rotation off. I don't know how to make it so the bone normal's X is the Y and the Y become the X, rotating along the Z normal is not allowing me to go that far. If I fix this then the animations can be done.

bump. going to try more stuff to get this working later

This will be cool if it works. It'll be great for mini movies and RPs.

Sweat!
Crouching anyone?
This man has a great idea here. Halfway between crwaling and walking.

EDIT
Or maybe sprinting.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:40:52 PM by The True Zephyr »

i think i've heard amade talking about this before in the craftsmen steam chat

If you're intending to remake the entire model and it's animations, there will be problems. When porting the Beta Retail Player, the game refused to apply default prints, which can be assumed is because it wasn't placed as expected. As well, Add-Ons such as the Bot Events mod will have trouble with this. If the model isn't the default one in the default folder, it doesn't apply important, required settings.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:47:55 PM by MegaScientifical »

If you're intending to remake the entire model and it's animations, there will be problems. When porting the Beta Retail Player, the game refused to apply default prints, which can be assumed is because it wasn't placed as expected. As well, Add-Ons such as the Bot Events mod will have trouble with this. If the model isn't the default one in the default folder, it doesn't apply important, required settings.
Wrong. This works completely. We just need to find a way to export the animations properly.

What's wrong about what I said? I said "If you're intending to remake the entire model." He mentions remaking the default animations, which perplexes me. You'd just say "No, it isn't." Not "Wrong."