Author Topic: Problem with Oblivion. (And others)  (Read 468 times)

Here's my problem. My copy runs fine and all. it gets great FPS and everything, my problem is that everyone 30 seconds I get a series of massive lag spikes that stop my game from running for about a minute or so, then it returns to perfect FPS.
This doesn't only happen on Oblivion, it happens on all my Battlefield games, and most newer games.

And when I'm by myself in BF, it runs fine no lag spikes or anything.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:46:47 PM by Blocko 3D »

sounds like an issue with your ram.

when i just had 2gb of ram, x3: terran conflict would run beautifully then at random would get horrific slowdowns. upgrading to 4gb of ram solved the issue.

sounds like an issue with your ram.

when i just had 2gb of ram, x3: terran conflict would run beautifully then at random would get horrific slowdowns. upgrading to 4gb of ram solved the issue.

Oblivion only utilizes 2gb by default.

Oblivion only utilizes 2gb by default.
he did not post yonder specs, so it is a mystery.

give it more ram, ram is one of the most important things when running games.

I can run it ultra high graphics on everything no lag at all and I only have 2gigs of RAM

Could it be that he has a process running in the background that's causing spontaneous performance drop?

Try setting the games priority to high and see if that helps before purchasing anything.

setting something's priority to high can really break some stuff if you don't know what you're doing

setting something's priority to high can really break some stuff if you don't know what you're doing
... I haven't had any problems with it and I've been doing it for over a year.

Then again, I only modify the priorities of processes I am in direct control of, so no system ones or anything.