Author Topic: Help with FSX  (Read 2135 times)

I Just Got FSX for my laptop ,but when i play it it says

"Flight Simulator X does not work with your video card
 asure you have the latest one."

I know i need to update it but the problem is i don't know how to check my current one or update it ,so if anyone can help with how to check or update my video card.

Looks like you have a Crap Video Card.
Try updating Drivers or get a new one
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:51:14 PM by Max4344 »

fsx crashes comps. beware

Here's your solution. Get a new video card. The problem is blatant and you should be able to recognize it.

My question is how do i update it.

HMMM im installing my new driver right nowz......
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:05:52 PM by David819 »

wtf no it doesn't

I've had it installed on my computer for nearly a year, and I've used it frequently, and it not once, not once crashed. Same went for my old desktop.

what the forget are you stuffting about?

First you need to find out if you have an Nvdia Graphics card or ATI Graphics card or maybe even an Intel graphics card. I would go to http://www.canyourunit.com. Pick a random game doesn't matter, after it brown townyses your computer it will display all the specifications of your computer. Look for your videocard and see if it's Nvdia or ATI, also write down the number that it says example "ATI HD 4800 series". In my case I have an ATI video card so I go to ATI's drivers website which is (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx). If you have a Nvdia or Intel graphics card just go google and find there website. They will probably have something similar to ATI's way of downloading drivers. Once you're at the correct website for your graphics card manufacturer you will have to navigate around to get to driver support and fill out whatever info you know (such as the number I told you to write down). Once you enter in the information hopefully they know the exact card you have and give you what drivers you need and then download and install. If however your game still does not run after updating to the latest drivers then your card is out of date and can not run FSX. :(

It's pretty hard (Read: imposable) to replace a laptop's graphics card, Your best bet is going to be buying a whole new computer.

Also updating you drivers isn't going to make FSX run.

This is exactly why you post in the Computer Megathread. Updating drivers doesn't upgrade your video card. And you can't upgrade a lapyop vid card.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:34:17 PM by HerpaDerp »

:c it didn't work still.

:c it didn't work still.

It's pretty hard (Read: imposable) to replace a laptop's graphics card, Your best bet is going to be buying a whole new computer.

Also updating your drivers isn't going to make FSX run.