Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1626224 times)

2 Year anniversary of being permabanned for no reason
;^)
best mods 2013 I love you guys

You were banned for trolling.  (As indicated by Tophat's post alone)

This is in your signature:  http://i.imgur.com/1ykM4kc.png
It actually contains the ban reason.  So you're advertising your ban reason on your profile like it is some achievement, and you're telling people that you got banned for no reason up front?  I feel no sympathy for you.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:35:21 PM by marioguy0 »

Wait is redconer still admin?

Wait is redconer still admin?

No. 07/02/14 is the date of the bans. He hasn't been with us for a while now.

No. 07/02/14 is the date of the bans. He hasn't been with us for a while now.
Is it wrong to be curious on how he was demoted?

Is it wrong to be curious on how he was demoted?

Abuse of admin. If you want the full story, take a look at this. I had to do some digging to get to it. http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=177870.msg7962959#msg7962959

Abuse of admin. If you want the full story, take a look at this. I had to do some digging to get to it. http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=177870.msg7962959#msg7962959
Why do we still have mini bosses anyway?

more damage output and bonuses

I never remembered banning him

At this point I don't honestly know. While the nerfs some of them got were well-warranted, making them seem "mini" isn't exactly great in the long term. It isn't really fun to hear people racing to get to a miniboss because it counters some boss, when really every miniboss has some sort of gimmick to damper it from being "overpowered". CBS is picked more often than other minibosses because of high damage at a long range and is the remaining miniboss that has any sort of speed left with no gimmick along with having the highest health of any miniboss that currently exists.

All of the other minibosses are "I'm going to win on my own with something that is completely broken in terms of gameplay" or "I'll try to support my team but I can't fight on my own in the slightest and I'm really just here to annoy the boss"; See the medic miniboss. Scientist to a lesser extent but why not just go firebug at that point? Maybe if there's a lot of buildings the boss can just oneshot.

Literally the only thing points go towards are minibosses. Sure, there's titles that mean nothing if you never talk and pets you can trip over or admire then get destroyed by the boss, but otherwise useless. Take away minibosses, even though it would improve things and someone'll complain over it. "Now I can't oneshot every boss on a low playercount", "now I can't spend my points on anything". It'd leave us where points are useless still.

servers down?

Literally the only thing points go towards are minibosses. Sure, there's titles that mean nothing if you never talk and pets you can trip over or admire then get destroyed by the boss, but otherwise useless. Take away minibosses, even though it would improve things and someone'll complain over it. "Now I can't oneshot every boss on a low playercount", "now I can't spend my points on anything". It'd leave us where points are useless still.
i never thought of this

hat shop maybe we could buy skins for weapons with points? i imagine they would be just for looks, and have the same stats as the default versions. Although it would probably be annoying for pecon to have to model a bunch of reskins :I
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:04:57 PM by Lego lad »

Holy stuff.

At this point I don't honestly know. While the nerfs some of them got were well-warranted, making them seem "mini" isn't exactly great in the long term. It isn't really fun to hear people racing to get to a miniboss because it counters some boss, when really every miniboss has some sort of gimmick to damper it from being "overpowered". CBS is picked more often than other minibosses because of high damage at a long range and is the remaining miniboss that has any sort of speed left with no gimmick along with having the highest health of any miniboss that currently exists.

All of the other minibosses are "I'm going to win on my own with something that is completely broken in terms of gameplay" or "I'll try to support my team but I can't fight on my own in the slightest and I'm really just here to annoy the boss"; See the medic miniboss. Scientist to a lesser extent but why not just go firebug at that point? Maybe if there's a lot of buildings the boss can just oneshot.

Taking away minibosses is a terrible idea, I thought minibosses where to your team an edge not what you described, I'm going to say this : The nerfing needs to stop, its butchering the game bad, I the past days I have gone there everybody is always complaining and saying things like : "Overweight = RIP, WTF Happened to firebug's jets, Overweight sucks now, Where are the crits?, they replaced crits with a stupid laser? Why was samus removed, Where da forget is gentlespy." The last three are the most recent.

People are more pissed about the nerfing than glad, and most of this balancing is just to make the game easier for a boss class, think about it, both samus and runner where removed because people complained when playing as a boss class that can only melee, they are hard to kill, and yes while you may argue runner had a stuffty weapon, and I totally agree with that, I said he should have a smg or something all the time back then, I fall back to the same claim that removing is not the solution.

Think about it like this, if Runner had a more efficient weapon like a smg and a medium range melee weapon, he would be alright, and we never really needed a double jump on him just the speed, I think if you where to replace the double jump with just a much higher than average jump, the issue there would be fixed and the higher jump would also make sense for samus, double jump on samus never really did make sense, but high jump does(space jump item).
Also Samus vs Dark Samus fights where always great

I just want to clarify I am not joking about this at all, people really want runner back, along with the removed minibosses, gentlespy stalling was fixed already by giving him an invis watch instead of a recharging one.

Please don't toss a 10 paragraph post at me I have been warned of going against your word but I just couldn't handle any more nerfing.

wth who needs runner when we have scientist

10000x more useful to everyone

Also Samus vs Dark Samus fights where always great
I really hope this is sarcasm. Those 'showdowns' were the biggest waste of time I've ever been forced to deal with. If you actually liked that then I don't think you played the server nearly enough to see how annoying it was. Actually, I think that particular point applies to a lot of the stuff you're complaining about.

In other news, I've un-crashed the server.