Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1630026 times)

Just now I thought of an issue that may effect Medusa players. A minute ago, I stunned a player and they committed Self Delete. I don't have a problem with doing that while not stunned, but I was going to trap the player for a health boost. In my opinion, it was a great opportunity to do so. Any thoughts?

Just now I thought of an issue that may effect Medusa players. A minute ago, I stunned a player and they committed Self Delete. I don't have a problem with doing that while not stunned, but I was going to trap the player for a health boost. In my opinion, it was a great opportunity to do so. Any thoughts?
Personally, I don't think that should really be a viable strategy. That's part of the reason I increased the trap 'setup' time to 20 seconds. Maybe I should make the stun slightly shorter or the setup slightly longer. I don't think the andromedia should be able to get guaranteed health.

The wording of your post is locking me in confusion. From what I've gathered, you have mentioned about players suiciding whether they're stoned or not, along with them about to be engulfed by a cloud of rum blood. Players will Self Delete if they are stoned because they assume that they're gonna be served as diced plastic on a silver platter; players with intelligence of suiciding while in the process of becoming a hospital for Medusa will do so, so that the Boss doesn't gain health.

Personally, I don't think that should really be a viable strategy. That's part of the reason I increased the trap 'setup' time to 20 seconds. Maybe I should make the stun slightly shorter or the setup slightly longer. I don't think the andromedia should be able to get guaranteed health.
i liked the stone stun better when it was us being stoned for less and medusa being stunned for longer (or something like that)
the current medusa stone stun thingie is basically punishing towards the players in more ways than one, especially on smaller maps

i liked the stone stun better when it was us being stoned for less and medusa being stunned for longer (or something like that)
the current medusa stone stun thingie is basically punishing towards the players in more ways than one, especially on smaller maps
The new stone is basically an insta-death just because you looked in the wrong half of the map, which is annoying as hell.

Make it so the stone does damage so if the player Self Deletes, the boss still gets the point

During the trap, it should damage players, but the boss should not get health

During the trap, it should damage players, but the boss should not get health
no. it needs to just do less healing. instead of it giving 10% per person killed, it needs to give only 10% regardless of how many people are killed in the trap. example: if 7 players are killed in the trap, it doesnt give 70% back. instead it would only give 10% no matter how many people die in it.

I think it should decrease with a parabolic tendency for each player that gets trapped.

no. it needs to just do less healing. instead of it giving 10% per person killed, it needs to give only 10% regardless of how many people are killed in the trap. example: if 7 players are killed in the trap, it doesnt give 70% back. instead it would only give 10% no matter how many people die in it.
Or, the minimum percent is 10%, and per person should be 5%

So if it's just 1 person it should be only 10%, after that 5%

I think its fine, isn't it adjusted by player count anyways though?

On a side note, have you looked into the annoying afk killer killing you while you type in spawn and making you loose a round.

Someone could easily bypass that. Just press down key, enter. Move up, type, press up for whatever you saved and continue.

Someone could easily bypass that. Just press down key, enter. Move up, type, press up for whatever you saved and continue.
This seems completely unnecessary, so I either type in spawn and let the afk killer kill me or go into the field and get killed by the boss while typing?

Honestly at this point I really do wish Blockland had built in voice chat, and no, Teamspeak is not a solution since people require it to hear you.

This seems completely unnecessary, so I either type in spawn and let the afk killer kill me or go into the field and get killed by the boss while typing?
Nonono, you just have to move at all
You don't have to spawn in, you just have to move, even just tapping it

All you have to do to avoid being afk killed is to move off the spawn points and to the area with the class selectors.

It took me a while to figure that out...

Anyways Changelog since nobody else is doing it.

Code: [Select]
Canyon Update 2/25/16
*Moved wall to bottom
*Fixed tank turret breaking
*Added a few more Sniping Towers
*Fixed second code room door being unlocked
*Added visual effect to code room keypad enter and clear
*Made the code room sign more clean and minimal
*Made the keypad more consistent with the others
*Changed Second door color from a random dark blue to a pearlescent purple
*Replaced the Shop with the new Info Room
*Replaced Achievement List with Pet Shop
*Made Countdown Timer easier to see with shaders
*Added Glow Effect to "Boss Battles" Text
*Added super secret easter egg message written in print bricks somewhere under a area.
*Removed hugs even though they where already removed, but we removed them again to make sure

If I missed anything let me know, I plan to convert each shop room into a Info room whenever I can just like I did with canyon.