Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1629706 times)

Flamethrower needs a nerf
Grapple hook needs to reduce falling damage
Needs a tiny health nerf

That's pretty much it
i like the idea of a grappling hook, but since a "firebug" would have a low mass, assuming it has the weight of a fly, reduced fall damage could be a passive effect instead

not the fall damage resistance of decker, but somewhat between normal and decker

Visolator is talking about Sirica exclusively, I think.

Flamethrower needs a nerf
Grapple hook needs to reduce falling damage
Needs a tiny health nerf

That's pretty much it
grapple hook just needs to /not/ make you take falling damage by getting pulled into walls

Visolator is talking about Sirica exclusively, I think.
Yeah, sorry I didn't mention that.

grapple hook just needs to /not/ make you take falling damage by getting pulled into walls
Definitely.
It's not fun when you grapple, and right before it, take knockback from a rocket, and get pulled into multiple parts of the capture point ship and get just about half your health taken off

welp, now that ephi is gone, probably the worlds MOST BALANCED GOD DAMN BOSS. I'm just going to cry in a corner.

(Seriously theres like, 5 other bosses you could have replaced, See: CAPTAIN CAMPER, MR. I DON'T TAKE BLAST FORCE AND I DON'T HAVE TO CLICK EITHER, And lets not all forget about I HAVE 1 MILLION HP AND I CAN INSTA KILL loving ANYTHING)

somebody give me an avatar of a dead ephi so i can replace baldy

welp, now that ephi is gone, probably the worlds MOST BALANCED GOD DAMN BOSS. I'm just going to cry in a corner.

(Seriously theres like, 5 other bosses you could have replaced, See: CAPTAIN CAMPER, MR. I DON'T TAKE BLAST FORCE AND I DON'T HAVE TO CLICK EITHER, And lets not all forget about I HAVE 1 MILLION HP AND I CAN INSTA KILL loving ANYTHING)

somebody give me an avatar of a dead ephi so i can replace baldy

Balanced or not, the gameplay is not exciting.  I can't say I get filled with fear when fighting Ephi (unless Luneth makes it OP. #nerfLulu)

Ephi is incredibly unbalanced.  Whilst he is balanced in respects to his main characteristics (fast, can bounce around a map, decent health.)  He simply lacks the useful auxiliary systems that, say, Dark Samus has.  You can't hold down the right-click button in order to charge up a 360-degree area-of-effect shockwave, like Dark Samus' shield combined with Rotondo's blast, nor can you set down a shockwave-bomb trap at the spawn to stop agile normals, like Medusa's blood-bomb.

If Ephi had additional capabilities, then there would be plenty of potential to make him fun to use, and fun to fight.  He's just too simple.

Edit: Cap point, not spawn.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:30:52 PM by C-Zech Chrome Ind. »

I can still work on my map.
Of course, i didn't mean it that way

what's wrong with there being simple in video games? Why does everything have to be so complex every time. Why can't I sit down on a tired night of working/school and decide "Hey, I'm gonna go play Ephi" He still requires skill, but doesn't require much strategizing or thinking.

what's wrong with there being simple in video games? Why does everything have to be so complex every time. Why can't I sit down on a tired night of working/school and decide "Hey, I'm gonna go play Ephi" He still requires skill, but doesn't require much strategizing or thinking.
ephi was just badspot on drugs, simple as that

He could be replaced by something more unique, like Sirica

Bosses that don't have much potential should be replaced at one point. Badspot had a thought of being removed but it has some uniqueness to it. Ephi has nothing unique about it, it has a shockwave and is super fast, also has the default boss avatar. Yes, it could of had upgrades, but what could it have? No, it cannot have related ideas to any other boss (Ex: Shockwave bomb is related to Medusa's blood trap). It's more fun when each boss has their own unique thing.

Kaje needs some kind of buff, but I'm really not sure what because this tinfoil armor is really a downpoint to the boss when you have a bunch of rocketmen at you, and also fighting them with crap weapons (if you got a bad loadout) doesn't help much either.

so is aquadoodle dead or something, I haven't seen her in literal months

so is aquadoodle dead or something, I haven't seen her in literal months

nah, shes doing fine

definitely feels like a lot of the frequent players stopped played/visiting

Long ago, I had a dream that Badspot would wield the Lawgiver that would switch modes, but unfortunately, the Sirica boss has the function, which means that we can't have two Bosses with very similar uses. :(