Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1629904 times)

Long ago, I had a dream that Badspot would wield the Lawgiver that would switch modes, but unfortunately, the Sirica boss has the function, which means that we can't have two Bosses with very similar uses. :(
You can blame Trifornt for that. He arranged making Sirica with Carbon Zypher and alluded to already having permission from me when he did not. That idea for upgrading badspot is actually the exact reason I wouldn't have accepted Sirica as a boss idea if it weren't already made by the time I knew about it.

So now apparently making bosses more unique is more important than balancing bosses? We've got rot and badspot which are hilariously broken. Kaje is impossible to play without 15+ players, and SC you have to camp with in order to actually win.

So now apparently making bosses more unique is more important than balancing bosses? We've got rot and badspot which are hilariously broken. Kaje is impossible to play without 15+ players, and SC you have to camp with in order to actually win.
How is badspot broken?

How is badspot broken?
Unless he was fixed recently, he has extreme health, a one shot kill melee weapon, and can project himself around the map and pretty fast speeds if done correctly.

Unless he was fixed recently, he has extreme health, a one shot kill melee weapon, and can project himself around the map and pretty fast speeds if done correctly.
kaje is really op if done correctly

Scientists are his weakness, when they deflect the dwand

kaje is really op if done correctly
My point exactly, Kaje is either so underpowered that he physically doesn't have any weapons, or has so much armor you can't deal damage to him

baddy sux when he is stickied tho

plus its fun to stab him

I'm not sure you guys are getting the point.

Compared to other bosses, Ephi was a pretty stuffty choice to replace, now we have even more unbalanced bosses, even if we have "Unique ones"

Also, compared to Ephi, Badspot is just an op version of Ephi, with the only unique difference being him having A one shot kill option

Ephi is too easy to learn and literally sucks ass because it's some boss with a shockwave

Also, compared to Ephi, Badspot is just an op version of Ephi, with the only unique difference being him having A one shot kill option
Just like any other boss, it's OP when the user has a lot of experience with it. And that's why people ask for nerfs and then the entire class is dead.

Some of the models were updated recently. I'm really digging the new flamethrower.

EDIT: New medigun.

Big thanks to 1AwesomeGuy2903 for donating his body.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:39:26 PM by WaterOre »

The server is using TheKhoz' models now? :0

Some of the models were updated recently. I'm really digging the new flamethrower.

EDIT: New medigun.

Big thanks to 1AwesomeGuy2903 for donating his body.

Much better than the default models.

Glad this server is improving itself, been playing it since 2012.

hey pecon is it possible to like
edit the medigun
so I don't have to hold m1 constantly to heal people and I can just click once on somebody
I don't know how possible that is in blockland tho

welp, now that ephi is gone, probably the worlds MOST BALANCED GOD DAMN BOSS. I'm just going to cry in a corner.

(Seriously theres like, 5 other bosses you could have replaced, See: CAPTAIN CAMPER, MR. I DON'T TAKE BLAST FORCE AND I DON'T HAVE TO CLICK EITHER, And lets not all forget about I HAVE 1 MILLION HP AND I CAN INSTA KILL loving ANYTHING)

somebody give me an avatar of a dead ephi so i can replace baldy
I'm not sure you guys are getting the point.

Compared to other bosses, Ephi was a pretty stuffty choice to replace, now we have even more unbalanced bosses, even if we have "Unique ones"

Quote from: Pecon
On top of having little time, developing for Boss Battles isn't actually my job. I am not and never have been obligated to make anything for the server, I only do it because it amuses me. This is why a majority of content updates have been your so-called 'unnecessary stuff', because that's all I've actually wanted to make. I'm not interested in jumping into the hell of developing a new class or boss and the hours of tweaks and balances needed afterwards.
I'll just leave this here, since it's relevant to your complaint. In fact, I'm surprised Pecon let Sirica in, but I guess it would be rude to turn it down.
That idea for upgrading badspot is actually the exact reason I wouldn't have accepted Sirica as a boss idea if it weren't already made by the time I knew about it.
nah, shes doing fine

definitely feels like a lot of the frequent players stopped played/visiting
Most likely because this server isn't what those people who frequented want anymore. Really, I do miss the fun times that were to be had on this server, but the sad truth is that me and anyone else who still thinks like I do is blind and misguided. I've found that it's better to leave this alone and move on, and I'm sure others who don't frequent anymore would agree. Besides, Boss Battles is just Pecon's play thing to pick at and change as desired. No point in making disputes over something that isn't even viewed as an independent game by its own creator(s). Really the only reason I still play Blockland is mostly for this server and the occasional dose of building alone, completely isolated, on projects that never come to fruition, like my map. It really baffles me that I still work on it even though I don't even like the server half as much as I used to. Maybe it's because, like Pecon, it amuses me. I'll probably never finish it, but it's amusing to tack on more things to it for some reason. I could've probably given the map to the server months ago had I not been still adding things that weren't necessarily needed. I find it difficult to just go away from Boss Battles (hence why I even take the time to skim through recent updates to server, let alone typing this rant, and not completely deleting my map and removing all traces of it, etc) since I spent so much time playing it. It's time to do other things, whether they be just going to a different server on Blockland or getting up, out of my computer chair, and go for a walk outside and take in nature. It's for the best that I get over myself, it's rather unhealthy to obsess over these things and I would hope I have more important things to do instead of being a snide cunt who gets absolutely ass blasted over changes in a game I never had to pay a dime for to play but did anyways. Deep down I would like to see Boss Battles at least return to its roots, but that won't happen.

Those new models for the flamethrower and medigun look lovey as forget, though. Cheers.