Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1628809 times)

There needs to be a toggle for getting a 'special round' on your turn as boss, as well as a toggle for getting minibosses.

The special rounds for boss are just stupid. What kind of impression will someone get if they play like 5 rounds waiting for boss and witness other people play cool bosses, then get forced to play tag. Or have to share their boss round with some incompetent person. Really the only fun special round is chaos and that comes once every 12 years.

Same stuff for minibosses, there are certain bosses you want them on, and other times you don't want to be made a miniboss. Dragon sucks, period.

Pleeasseee add a toggle for both of these. Just plain not fun.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:01:45 PM by Blockhead31735 »

Dragon sucks, period.

Dragon is one of the best minibosses, the problem is you.

Dragon is one of the best minibosses, the problem is you.

You could say that against any class that is questioned.
"You're just not playing it well, it's amazing when used right."

But I think most people would rather play as the more maneuverable, higher damage output overweight that is easier to use than the bulky dragon that just has more health. The other minibosses are noticeably better than their normal counterparts most would argue, when the dragon is clearly worse, or at best a trade off of characteristics.

Either way my point still stands, people need the option to toggle this kind of stuff.

Okay two things. First of all, the overweight miniboss is the Juggernaut. Second of all, dragon is the detonator miniboss, and has a massively higher dps than detonator has on it's own. Combine that fact that it has four times as much health and is pretty much immune to impact damage and you have a fairly overpowered character. Dragon is already more powerful than it should be, but I don't nerf it because everyone still seems to believe that it's somehow useless.

Ah got those mixed up. Either way would still prefer a detonator over dragon.

As for the possibility of a /toggle..?

Okay two things. First of all, the overweight miniboss is the Juggernaut. Second of all, dragon is the detonator miniboss, and has a massively higher dps than detonator has on it's own. Combine that fact that it has four times as much health and is pretty much immune to impact damage and you have a fairly overpowered character. Dragon is already more powerful than it should be, but I don't nerf it because everyone still seems to believe that it's somehow useless.
the problem isn't that dragon is weak, its that it forces you into a different playstyle than what you intended when you picked that class
i mean sure, if you choose rocketman and get master chief, that doesn't force you to play differently. you have the same main weapons with a couple of boosts, and overall it would just be the same class, just upgraded. same with rifleman/cbs, tinkmaster/sentryman, scientist/gelbin, etc...

it just sucks stuff that i have to play a slow bulky tank class with high health that can do some high dps rather than what i wanted, the detonator. a class that can do great damage, albeit lower health than dragon and less dps, and can zip around the map with one of the best forms of mobility in boss battles. i might as well have just gone overweight at that point. thats my problem with no toggle

Coming here to address tag: Not a fan favourite. I've both experienced and observed that it wastes the time of players. Obvious, but taking away a boss round from someone is only that. I'd assume in the shoes of others, it's a kick in the shins. Either it needs removed altogether, or at least give whoever was boss another boss run. Doesn't fit the server in any fashion and rampant player Self Deletes happen every tag round to speed it up. My two cents.

Edit: Just experienced in about ten rounds, four being special, three were tag. It's a bit crazy.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:23:17 PM by Tophat2 »

I like tag except for when I'm boss

In my opinion, tag is flawed.

It is not fun to play, for the boss, or the normals. The normals don't get to fight the boss. This is a problem because the maps and game itself is designed around fighting a boss. With weapons. Not running away. On the other hand, the boss gets a boss round taken away from them, one that they probably worked hard for. I personally Self Delete when a tag round comes up, because it's just not fun to play.

Tag is bad.

tag in hanger is kinda fun imo

edit:

maybe if tag gets removed, a new gamemode could replace it.

idea: normals have 1 minute to get into position and set up whatever sheilds or sentries they want, and the boss will be twice as tough or something
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:20:03 PM by Lego lad »

Personally, tag is definitely more of a hide-and-seek game. It's mostly just hiding from the boss for 5 minutes, which is a large waste of time. Also, I don't believe the boss or normals get any points for the round(correct me if I'm wrong), but it is definitely a waste of boss for the person playing as boss. Maybe it could be replaced with a round which functions kind of like it, where it forces everyone on the normals to pick the same class, and the boss is always a given class, so it can at least have a boss battles aspect to it, because there is little of the "battles" aspect to tag, besides getting a wrench or shooting the boss with the cannon.

my main issue with tag isn't that it's an awful gamemode, just rather that it's not what people join the server to play in the slightest
gemini and the others are special minigames and people like them because they have lots to do with the server

on its own or in a server dedicated to minigames this would be great, not so much on the server