Jetz's Collection of Requests

Author Topic: Jetz's Collection of Requests  (Read 1377 times)

1. Better way of working with named bricks of other people.
Currently, when you look under the options available for applying events to a remote named brick, all you see is the ones you own. If someone else set up the event, all you see is an ambiguous number. I propose this be changed so when you check the list, you see the named bricks of all people you have full trust list.

Example:
If person A, named "John" had bricks named "Apple," "Orange," and "Banana," and had full trust with "Joe", who has bricks named "Celery," "Tomato," and "Banana," if John looked under his named brick list, it would read:

Apple
Banana
Orange
Joe: Banana
Joe: Celery
Joe: Tomato

This would help with the "cooperative building" element of Blockland. It's pretty annoying to need one person to establish the full event systems, as opposed to allowing collaboration.

2. A way to make certain player datablocks not collide with other players.
I would like to see a way to prevent collision between players, while allowing collisions with other things, like vehicles, bricks, ect.

I am pretty sure this is possible because corpses, while using the same model, are able to collide with the world while players can pass through them. However, they also don't collide with vehicles, so I am unsure how simple of an engine change it would be. Also, this would break player based vehicles, so perhaps something like this would be needed to keep everything functioning properly:

A flag in player datablocks called disablePlayerCollisions would prevent players using the datablock from colliding with other players using a datablock with the flag also set. If a player was using a datablock without the flag set, they could collide with anyone.

The main use of this would be challenges where players have to carefully navigate from one area to another, where players often get in each others' ways or use other players to their advantage.

3. A more advanced way of handling the direction of emitters.
This one is pretty simple, perhaps a setting in the advanced options called "Enable Advanced Emitter Angles" could switch from the U-D-N-S-E-W options to the 3 textboxes used for velocity vectors.

4. Make more of the default functions publicly available.
This is mostly just a request for modders who either need a reference or want to create advanced features without breaking anything.

You made the Projectile::Damage function available in a topic in coding help a few years back. Why not release a few more? Maybe serverCmdDropTool, or the trick you use to make individual parts of players paintable, the ban function, and other functions used in players and vehicles being damaged or killed.

5. A way to play sounds with a different pitch, if possible.
I don't know how easy this would be to pull off, but it would be nice. A way to play 3D and 2D sounds with changes in pitch or speed. The only hint I have that this could be done without much effort is that when the timescale is changed, the pitch and tempo of sounds are adjusted similarly.

Possible uses for this would be to add a neat effect where gun firing noises or player death sounds have slight variations, or to change the jump sound for certain players based on their size, similar to how the horse has a deeper jump sound, but through script instead.

6. Add a tooltip explaining how to change your name.
This would be a new-player-friendly way of countering discrimination simply because they are new. Make it so once a player enters their key, if their name is currently Blockhead#####, a little message with an arrow appears over the "Name" button saying "Click here to enter your name."

The main reason I'm suggesting this be added in is because I've seen several people on a server freak out when some 30k Blockhead joined, and one even tried to votekick him.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:41:27 PM by -Jetz- »

I agree with every single one of these.
You have my support, even if it doesn't do anything.

Agree to them all, love 6.

I agree with every single one of these.
You have my support, even if it doesn't do anything.

This would be a new-player-friendly way of countering discrimination simply because they are new. Make it so once a player enters their key, if their name is currently Blockhead#####, a little message with an arrow appears over the "Name" button saying "Click here to enter your name."

The main reason I'm suggesting this be added in is because I've seen several people on a server freak out when some 30k Blockhead joined, and one even tried to votekick him.

I would support this in some ways. 

If the player just bought the game and they're 5 or 6, they probably would just skip the message when it pops up.  Havoc it pop up at different time periods, ie 2, 4, 6 months after purchase.

I agree with 3, 4, 5, and 6.

I strongly want 4.

I would support this in some ways. 

If the player just bought the game and they're 5 or 6, they probably would just skip the message when it pops up.  Havoc it pop up at different time periods, ie 2, 4, 6 months after purchase.
Whenever they have to enter their key, I said. I suppose it could always be there when the person doesn't have a unique name.

Love all of these, but mainly 1 and 4.
You have my support.

I need #1 so badly.

...so badly.

I need #1 so badly.

...so badly.
Yeah, I remember my friend and I tried building a computer with events, and we couldn't cooperatively build it together because of the trust thing.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes

I support all of these.
I suggested 5 earlier, and apparently it can't be done :(