Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729471 times)

Gen 7
Don't u mean gen 6 because that was easy as hell, while gen 7 was challenging at times

People like em, buy em, and the games make a ton of money.

It'd be really foolish of them to not keep making Pokémon games, you'd be throwing money away.
sorry let me rephrase that. i cant believe people are still buying pokemon games

i understand children but i dont understand how the other half (adults, teenagers over 15) are even remotely interested in the game. it's an overpolished disaster of an rpg game with repetitive gameplay and almost no depth beyond a simple rock paper scissors element chart and some stat debuffing moves

its not even hard or easy, its just plain boring. you go through almost every fight the same exact way as the last, switching out your pokemon for the right element, healing when they get too low, mashing a for like 3-4 minutes until you win, doing that over and over and over until the game is complete. there are no meaningful mechanics to reap from pokemon- all you can do is marvel at the polished sprites and models and possess pseudo bestiality-related loveual thoughts

gamefreak has never expanded their recipe at all. they made the dungeon games which were virtualy identical to regular pokemon except they had repetitive rng levels. they made pokemon go, they made pokemon rangers. but they're all just so devoid of depth yet people still pour so many dollars and hours in
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:55:16 PM by thegoodperry »

Just nitpicking here, but Niantic and partially Nintendo/The Pokemon Company made Pokemon Go, Game Freak had nothing to do with it

from this post it's obvious you have no idea how in depth competitive pokemon/smogon is

Just nitpicking here, but Niantic and partially Nintendo/The Pokemon Company made Pokemon Go, Game Freak had nothing to do with it
yea this like i was sold in the traile rwhen i saw gamefreaks name

:weary: my greatest accomplishment

terribly designed pokemon from the leaked beta

wait

I can show you the best one

ditto: mark 2

terribly designed pokemon from the leaked beta

wait

I can show you the best one

ditto: mark 2

leaked image from greenbhs desktop

leaked image from greenbhs desktop

forget

ples stop hacking me

here i'll give you everything:

epic source

from this post it's obvious you have no idea how in depth competitive pokemon/smogon is

rock paper scissors isnt in depth

:weary: my greatest accomplishment
scyther is bad ass. safari balls look dope.

:)
I caught a zapdos in a fast ball and it is very satisfying how the design fits.
one of my favorite legendaries

I appreciate pokeballs a lot

sorry let me rephrase that. i cant believe people are still buying pokemon games

i understand children but i dont understand how the other half (adults, teenagers over 15) are even remotely interested in the game. it's an overpolished disaster of an rpg game with repetitive gameplay and almost no depth beyond a simple rock paper scissors element chart and some stat debuffing moves

its not even hard or easy, its just plain boring. you go through almost every fight the same exact way as the last, switching out your pokemon for the right element, healing when they get too low, mashing a for like 3-4 minutes until you win, doing that over and over and over until the game is complete. there are no meaningful mechanics to reap from pokemon- all you can do is marvel at the polished sprites and models and possess pseudo bestiality-related loveual thoughts

gamefreak has never expanded their recipe at all. they made the dungeon games which were virtualy identical to regular pokemon except they had repetitive rng levels. they made pokemon go, they made pokemon rangers. but they're all just so devoid of depth yet people still pour so many dollars and hours in
I'm personally not invested into pokemon at all. I don't plan on buying any of the games.

But it really can't be simplified to that level. Sure, maybe for the story, you can just powerhouse your way through.
But the fact that there's a competitive scene shows that there's definitely more depth than you think.
Hell, if being competitive wasn't such a huge chore and the game didn't have so much RNG involved, I might actually like it. I just don't want to dig my nose into wikis till I learn how to breed better, run around in circles for days and also grinding, just to find out my perfect IV/nature/whatever the forget team isn't viable in the current meta. Or maybe it is viable but holy stuff crits and misses.

pokemon is just a really basic strategy game pretending to be an rpg