Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729817 times)

I don't really like RPGs and grinding, yet something about Pokemon keeps me coming back to it, of the main games, i've played Ruby, Heart Gold, Black, Y, Alpha Sapphire, and Sun

I guess it's just because there's something fun about seeking out the pokemon you like and raising them to be murder machines while experiencing the story and the characters and then testing your team's strength against the elite four, and the champion

And the music usually helps add to the overall experience
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:01:37 AM by Masterlegodude »

i loving hate these slot machines aAaAA

THIS HAPPENED 3 TIMes

edit:

>:C

Starting a b/w play through, haven't played it in so long. Gonna be fun, have team planned and everything. First time playing "set" style too.

Starting a b/w play through, haven't played it in so long. Gonna be fun, have team planned and everything. First time playing "set" style too.
catch a klink

>playing handheld game on computer emulator

catch a klink
Would be redundant, already planning on using ferroseed.
Team plan:
Samurott
Chandelure
Ferrothorn
Golurk
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe

if i were u i would just have 6 klinks in my team

why does pokemon moon take 600383837 minutes for just the intro and completing the school part

why does pokemon x take 0 minutes to complete

pokemon is just a really basic strategy game pretending to be an rpg

not even. again theres no strategy behind the game at all. you basically spend 200 hours walking around a cookie cutter rpg level full of grass and mountains and 50 hours playing dumb rock paper scissors and mashing the a button

its just a grind game. not even an rpg, you dont role play as anything and there arent any roleplay elements or important impacts on the story
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:06:52 PM by thegoodperry »

It's only a grind game if you play competitively. (Or really suck at this 'no strategy' series)
You can do the story in probably most of the games without ever intentionally grinding. Even without exp shares.
And then if you do play competitively with the "mashing the a button" attitude, then you're going to get stomped on.

but its not like the story is even good. if i wanted to have fun playing a competitive strategy game i'd play advance wars or xcom

It's not really meant to be played in a way where you have 6 groudons on a team with stone edge. You have to challenge yourself, nintendo has been making it so children can have more accesability to it

If you want something that requires a bit more skill or strategy, try Mother. If you like games like Pokemon, then go for that. Mother is available on the same platforn and you dont have to play pokemon.

mother 1 and 2 are even worse than pokemon.

dont play mother 1 and 2 Motherforgeter Mike