Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 728427 times)

You never healed or revived your pokemon? You never bought pokeballs even though you can find several throughout the game? You never bought clothes? You never bought TMs or battle items? You're like, disregarding everything that makes this game a (J)RPG! You make me sick
thats what pokemon centers are for :^)
i bought a total of 2 sets of clothes lol
i actually dont need TMs and Battle items, useless to me 99.99% of the time, heh
im a madman stop me
did you guys know i use exp share throughout the whole game bc im a filthy casual hehheh
also I must say, the soundtrack for this game is quite exquisite.

did you guys know i use exp share throughout the whole game bc im a filthy casual hehheh
I use the EXP Share, i mean, there is literally no benefit from turning it off other than bragging rights

...Bragging that you completed the game slower and more painfully

also I must say, the soundtrack for this game is quite exquisite.
Team Skull's theme is super rad

Also, the anime's pretty cool so far as well, many people were knocking it because it seemed less serious and the art style was different, but i like it, it's more fluid and expressive, like older animes were

Even some of the people that said that they hated it changed their minds after watching a few episodes

The only problems so far is that Prof. Oak's cousin is a bit obnoxious with his pokemon 'jokes' where she imitates the shape and sound of a pokemon almost like a verbal tic and even though i love that the RotomDex is a living talking thing with a personality of it's own, like the Sun & Moon games, it treats the audience like they've never seen a pokemans before, so it even ends up interrupting people when a new pokemon is being explained

Granted the RotomDex goes into more info about a pokemon than a human would, it's still a bit tiresome

I use the EXP Share, i mean, there is literally no benefit from turning it off other than bragging rights

...Bragging that you completed the game slower and more painfully
like seriously if you turn exp share off you're only hindering yourself

I'd say a valid reason for turning off the EXP share is if you want to have a lower level pokemon catch up with the rest of your team

Sure it might catch up on the sideline as you battle tough enemies with the EXP share on, but you might want that pokemon sooner rather than later, like, you might need it for an upcoming trial or something

I played the whole game without Exp Share because I wanted the game to be harder and to be forced to use my whole team instead of just one good member

It accomplished both of those

Just beat the game, the champion and the elite four imo was actually hard unlike X & Y.

my 3DS is finally fixed
do not pet glaceon's dangles or it will be very pissy

like seriously if you turn exp share off you're only hindering yourself
It's not much to brag about. I personally refrain from using exp share and various other handouts simply because such limitations enhances the challenge, enhance my adventure, and simply makes the game more personally enjoyable for me. Of course it's entirely the player's choice to decide how they limit themselves. You can use every tool at your disposal and enjoy the many quality of life improvements that have evolved over the generations, or you can be a self loathing individual and make your first attempt at the game a no-items-in-battle nuzlocke.

do not pet glaceon's dangles or it will be very pissy
I would love a complete list of every part of a Pokémon, complete with illustrated hitboxes, that you should not touch.

I would love a complete list of every part of a Pokémon, complete with illustrated hitboxes, that you should not touch.
lime green = ok
green = likey
yellow = >u< face that seems to do nothing in particular
red = >:c

i'll do more when i have time

honestly, if you turn off Exp Share, it just makes grinding a lot slower.

honestly, if you turn off Exp Share, it just makes grinding a lot slower.
Also it keeps pokémon on the sidelines from leveling up and evolving. There's a difference in feel between a pokémon evolving from the charity of an exp-share, versus it evolving after felling dozens of other pokémons.

I may not use an exp-share for my initial run-through of a Pokémon game, though I will not hesitate to use it to raise my more serious competitive pokémon.

Dartrix has the best face when you try to pet his hair, Slowpoke doesn't seem to have a bad spot, it likes every visible area of it's body to be pet to an extent, and Makuhita's face looks like it turns into a 3 segment angry vein when you try to rub his hands

Post note-worthy Pokemon Refresh stuff that isn't rubbing your Machoke's crotch

Oh hey, Imgur has a collection of QR codes here and here

Greninja likes it's tongue rubbed apparently
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:26:11 PM by Masterlegodude »

I'm sure everyone is knee deep in Sun & Moon right now, but the next generation 6 anniversary event, Meloetta, has started in Europe and will follow shortly in North America

Found this guy while hunting for good Ditto after a chain of only 27, shout-outs to the Shiny Charm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albxBoDiZUM
This song makes my ears feel uncomfortable with headphones on

So i found this patch of tall grass in the Ula'Ula Meadow

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:16:38 AM by Masterlegodude »