Author Topic: Micspam  (Read 2037 times)

Does anybody remember VOX from Half Life? It's that announcement system that could say all sorts of things, as Valve added more than a hundred words to his vocabulary.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh32mC-dor0

Well, I use Windows Media Player for my TF2/other source game micspam, and I found out that you can arrange sounds into playlists on WMP, that means that I could take VOX's sound files, arrange them, and play them over the mic  :cookieMonster:
It's absolutely fun to use when people play along with it, you can make stuff like "MILITARY PERSONNEL ARE VIOLATING GORDON FREEMAN" "I AM AN ALIEN SCREAM NOW" "HELLO AMIGO" "I WANT TO TOUCH YOU ON THE JOHNSON"

Also, heads up, never use Stereo Mix to play micspam unless if you mute the game, or this happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w5Qu_lp2F5E#t=65s.

Share micspamming stories here if you want to, I guess?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:00:52 AM by Aphtonites »

This isnt talking about a game, belongs somewhere else.

Why micspam?
This.

Don't be an annoying starfish, don't micspam.

For some reason, Stereo Mix on my new Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit computer is extremely low. I literally have to ear rape myself for the Stereo Mix sound bar to even show one small bar, which no one can hear.

This isnt talking about a game, belongs somewhere else.

Well, I use Windows Media Player for my TF2/other source game micspam, and ----
This thread is generally for micspamming on Source games.

This.

Don't be an annoying starfish, don't micspam.

Why do people imply micspam = ear rape or something literally meant to annoy you.
There's two sides to it, that, and doing something that's actually fun or fitting, especially on a surf or achievement server.

Why do people imply micspam = ear rape or something literally meant to annoy you.
Because that's what people typically use it for

I find the best way to do this is to get one of those two way audio cables, plug one end into the mic slot on your computer and the other end into a music player.

There's two sides to it, that, and doing something that's actually fun or fitting, especially on a surf or achievement server.
Because 'spam' implies that it is annoying.