Author Topic: Sega GT 2002  (Read 773 times)

This is the game I spent my time playing for hours on end. This game is nearing nostalgia.

Sega GT 2002 had many things in it that you just don't see in racing games anymore. It had things like racing in snow, involving great control, and modes unseen and unheard of, such as the Chronicle Mode. In the chronicle mode, you start out with a car from the early to mid 70s, like a Celica 1600GT for example. You'd start in the late 70s and race cars from that time period. Then you'd race cars from the 1980s, the 1990's up to then you'd race in the year 2000. During the whole thing, you get points for winning, points that could be used to upgrade your car with things like Suspension or Bolt-on Turbochargers. Once you beat the race in year 2000, you see what has become of that automobile through out those years, and unlock other cars to race with in the same type of events.

I even sent Sega.com this email
I doubt this email will be read, or even seen, but here we go.

I recently found my copy of Sega GT 2002 for the Xbox and started playing it again. I suddenly remembered how much I loved that game and remembered playing it for countless hours on weekends. When I had gotten the Xbox 360, I started to play other games such as Forza Motorsport and eventually Sega GT 2002 fell to the bottom of the box. When I had found it again however, I realized all the neat things that Sega GT had to offer that Forza didn't. Things like racing in the weather, and the "Chronicle Mode" that I have never seen anything like before or after. I especially loved the Snow map. As I was playing it recently I thought to myself," Wouldn't it be great if they made a new one, like a 10th Anniversary version, called Sega GT 2012." When I checked Sega.com though, I was surprised to find that you guys didn't even have Sega GT 2002 in the games section.
By new game, I don't even mean revamp the whole thing. I would still pay as much as any other game if it was a very similar game, just with simple things like more definitive textures. I would love to make a list of things that I would like to see made into a new version if it were to be considered, but I don't know what would be supported by any game engines you use, so I'll make a list of simple things.

-Ability to change car color after purchase
-Higher definition textures
-Xbox Live (if Possible)
-More weather maps
-Extended Chronicles Mode.

I would like to thank you for any and all time you spend reading this email.

Discuss this game in all its awesomeness.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:40:59 PM by dorkdotdan »

I always played the Jet Set Radio Future side of the disc.

Also wrong section.

I kept thinking "Gran Turismo" as I was reading

Also wrong section.
Worth locking or will it die soon enough anyways?

Also, I liked JSRF, but it confused me as an 8 year old. "Lets skate around the city braking windows and spraying stuff w/ spray paint!"

i loved playing that game at my uncles house... classic

i think i remember this ga-
yep that's why

DUDE I STILL HAVE THIS and i would always accidentally select it instead of JSRF and would cry as i reset my xbox

"GAME OVER YEEEAHHHHHH"

DUDE I STILL HAVE THIS and i would always accidentally select it instead of JSRF and would cry as i reset my xbox
you must of been crying at an old age then