Author Topic: Biology Project  (Read 909 times)

I'm sure you have all done this at least once during school. I have to do it again in the 10th grade so I can boost my biology grade mainly because it's blowing right now.

I just need to know what materials I should use to create a plant cell. I can go to any arts and crafts store to buy the stuff. The only thing is that it has to be based off the picture below. I already figured I would be using a shoe box as the cell wall, white construction paper for the membrane, and possibly cotton balls for the filling that holds everything.

(iPod Touch camera sux)

Encase some of you can't read it, I will list the objects in order going clockwise starting at the Vesicle.

• Vesicle
  • Chloroplast
  • Golgi apparatus
  • Smooth ER
  • Nucleolus
  • Nucleus
  • Cytoskeleton fibers
  • Rough ER
  • Ribosome
  • Mitochondrion
  • Central Vacuole
  • Cell Wall
  • Cell membrane

ideas?

(btw) I want to get most of the stuff today (Sunday) because it is due this Thursday.

Already done this MONTHS ago.

I used some cheap flexible sponges for the ER.

Foam balls, cardboard,
some cheap flexible sponges for the ER.

-nevermind-
Use some sort of plastic wrap for the mitochondrion

Take cardboard box. Seal it. Paint it green.

Get Styrofoam balls ands pipe cleaners to make everything else. Make it.

Place labels next to everything facing top of box. Fill with transparent gelatin. Make sure that you can see all of the labels.

Put plastic wrap over it so no one screws up the gelatin.

When I did this back in 7th grade (nine years ago) I used one of these for the central vacuole:

It had a stingray instead of other cute sea animals in it though.

Take cardboard box. Seal it. Paint it green.

Get Styrofoam balls ands pipe cleaners to make everything else. Make it.

Place labels next to everything facing top of box. Fill with transparent gelatin. Make sure that you can see all of the labels.

Put plastic wrap over it so no one screws up the gelatin.

My Biology teacher said that one kid brought in Jell-o with his project and he said it later began to mold and smell up the classroom. What could I use instead?

My Biology teacher said that one kid brought in Jell-o with his project and he said it later began to mold and smell up the classroom. What could I use instead?
Don't use gelatin. I was kind of joking about that part. Just put everything on pegs stuck into a piece of Styrofoam at the bottom of the box.

Don't use gelatin. I was kind of joking about that part. Just put everything on pegs stuck into a piece of Styrofoam at the bottom of the box.

sounds good :)

Do the Cell Wall last. it's the easiest thing ever.

motochondrion looks like a  blue jelly bean

motochondrion looks like a  blue jelly bean

It'll have to be a pretty big jelly bean XD