What do you think about the new generation of Blockland weapons?

Author Topic: What do you think about the new generation of Blockland weapons?  (Read 2092 times)

What do you think about the new fancy weapons in blockland whit ammunition, reloading, ironsights and the sounds?
now i don't want to become a grampacigarette here but the old weapons whit the default gun sound, unlimited ammunition and no ironsights were better than these Gravity cat or Tier Tactical weapons we see a lot in TDMs, CTFs...  today.

i sure hope this is the right section

EDIT: i also noticed how many weapon bullets are missing their trail.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:03:12 AM by Tonkka »

I agree, but they're also just as good.

Sometimes it's fun to just go nuts with classic weapons, sometimes it's also fun to go nuts with modern weapons that have cool different modes.

I agree too. And, the default weapons are the only ones I'm good with too.

I agree, but they're also just as good.

Sometimes it's fun to just go nuts with classic weapons, sometimes it's also fun to go nuts with modern weapons that have cool different modes.
What i really hate about the modern weapons is that sometimes the reloading animations get stuck because the server is experiencing heavy lag.

I find it more fun to snipe people off with the default gun then aiming up a shot with the more "modern" sniper rifles.

What i really hate about the modern weapons is that sometimes the reloading animations get stuck because the server is experiencing heavy lag.

What I hate about the modern weapons is how the hand color is automatically selected and you can't change it because it's an animation.

What I hate about the modern weapons is how the hand color is automatically selected and you can't change it because it's an animation.
Yeah it sucks, and when there are many mod devs out there they all use the different color which looks
silly in a mini-game since your hands keep changing the color all the time when you are switching weapons

just imagine it as a glove or something •_•

there's already been like 20 topics on this very subject

offtopic : is this you?

I always thought if I could model, the first thing I'd do would be parody one of those guns by making a sniper rifle with hands placed in stupid locations, like one hot pink hand at the end of the barrel, and a lime green hook attached to the scope. Maybe hide the player's head and attach a head to the gun, just behind the scope.

Anyone remember the original Sniper Rifle and Shotgun? The Shotgun knocking corpses up 50 feet in the air and QQing with the sniper rifle?

When I host, I still use them. *nostalgiaface*

I agree, weapons these days simply suck. I think ammo systems are something that should be a separate add-on. And then attaching hands to weapons just looks awkward.

Anyone remember the original Sniper Rifle and Shotgun? The Shotgun knocking corpses up 50 feet in the air and QQing with the sniper rifle?

Sniper Rifle and Shotgun are pretty much the only non-default weapons I use.

i do, there acutally in RTB if anyone else wants em
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:45:06 AM by Tonkka »

I like the wide array of T+T weapons. The ammo system is cool, but the screen shaking can be annoying at times. Generally newer weapons are pretty interesting.

considering the default weapins are 100% accurate with pretty much no cool down, shoot as fast as you can click, you can't really expect to have a decent deathmatch or anything with just them. the shotgun is ridiculous, if only because you get launched 50 feet into the air if a bullet so much as nicks you, and the sniper rifle is just plain overpowered and boringly modeled.