Author Topic: *IMPORTANT* BSOD's (Possibly Caused by Windows Update?)  (Read 1883 times)

Hi, since last night I've been getting bluescreens whenever I work on music with FL (FL Studio) and it hasn't been doing this prior to the windows update last night. Could this be causing it? Was the update faulty? I need help ):
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:58:21 PM by JD »

I believe BSOD takes a dump (.dmp file, hue) when it occurs.  Find it and up it so we can take a look.

Hasn't happened to me so far.

Where is the dump file located?

Bump, it's happened at least 20 times now and I really need to finish this track. This is of like.. extreme importance.

System restore, but back up your track first.

BlueScreenView
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Literally, a program that allows you to view your BSODs
Use that and copy paste the stuff that's in it.

System restore, but back up your track first.
Teach me how? ):
These things are not usually problems I encounter so i'm a complete noob when it comes to fixing problems like this.
Also if anybody wants to hear the WIP track (it's not mixed, or finished at all yet) it's here lol, I backed it up on mediafire and posted a .wav in case the FL is corrupt so I can at least remix it
http://www.mediafire.com/?sbmbg3x4kbjoz52
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 07:05:17 PM by JD »

Teach me how? ):
These things are not usually problems I encounter so i'm a complete noob when it comes to fixing problems like this.
Also if anybody wants to hear the WIP track (it's not mixed, or finished at all yet) it's here lol, I backed it up on mediafire and posted a .wav in case the FL is corrupt so I can at least remix it
http://www.mediafire.com/?sbmbg3x4kbjoz52
I believe it's in the start menu.
Start > Accessories > System Restore.

I'd backup the FL file as well. Might as well.

What exactly will the system restore do? Bring it to factory default, basically? Or just bring it back a couple days before the update? Will I lose my programs/files? Sorry for being such a noob about this.. lol

What exactly will the system restore do? Bring it to factory default, basically? Or just bring it back a couple days before the update? Will I lose my programs/files? Sorry for being such a noob about this.. lol
It will take you back to exactly the date that you choose. Your computer automatically makes restore points, especially before installing updates, for scenarios like this.
You will lose all work made after the date you choose.

Oh alright (:
Now there's another possibility, that I'm worried about. My friend used my laptop (believe me if you want, I don't really care, it's besides the point) and got a loving virus on it. I haven't gotten rid of it yet since the only virus software that I could find that detects it is $40. I don't have monies. ): So I've just been letting it chill out and ignoring it. The issue I'm concerned about, is it possible that the virus infected my windows update somehow?
edit: didn't make it clear that the BSOD computer is my desktop, and the virus computer is my laptop**
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 07:14:35 PM by JD »

Oh alright (:
Now there's another possibility, that I'm worried about. My friend used my laptop (believe me if you want, I don't really care, it's besides the point) and got a loving virus on it. I haven't gotten rid of it yet since the only virus software that I could find that detects it is $40. I don't have monies. ): So I've just been letting it chill out and ignoring it. The issue I'm concerned about, is it possible that the virus infected my windows update somehow?
edit: didn't make it clear that the BSOD computer is my desktop, and the virus computer is my laptop**
Nah.

Also, boot in to safe mode and do a scan with Malwarebytes on your laptop. I can help you remove the virus.

Malwarebytes couldn't detect it. It was that fake Windows Security 7 or some stuff. I just did a system restore and it's gone (:
I did boot in safe mode though, lol, see, I'm not a complete noob (:
Still backing up files on my desktop. forget saltaudio files

Malwarebytes couldn't detect it. It was that fake Windows Security 7 or some stuff. I just did a system restore and it's gone (:
I did boot in safe mode though, lol, see, I'm not a complete noob (:
Still backing up files on my desktop. forget saltaudio files
So you good or should I facebook you

Facebook me anyways lol