Author Topic: Internet censorship bill, SOPA?  (Read 1492 times)

Article found here.
What kind of stuff is the US Govt. pushing out?

I sincerely hope you read the actual bill first before you start to trash it based off of tech blogs like everyone else.

It's gonna make search engines blacklist "infringing" websites, make felons out of parents who post videos of their children with copyrighted music playing on the radio in the background or copyrighted visual material playing on the television in the background, and shut down entire websites for playing host to copyrighted content without permission.

obama has said he'll veto it if it gets to his desk after that the house/senate/whatever would have to revote on it with like a super high approval to get it passed

i think that's how it works, stuff im taking civics next semester i dunno

I sincerely hope you read the actual bill first before you start to trash it based off of tech blogs like everyone else.
vvv
It's gonna make search engines blacklist "infringing" websites, make felons out of parents who post videos of their children with copyrighted music playing on the radio in the background or copyrighted visual material playing on the television in the background, and shut down entire websites for playing host to copyrighted content without permission.
Do more research before you rush to defend the "beloved" government.

obama has said he'll veto it if it gets to his desk after that the house/senate/whatever would have to revote on it with like a super high approval to get it passed

Time to give $16 million to each senator  :cookieMonster:

vvvDo more research before you rush to defend the "beloved" government.

When did I ever make the assertion that I was defending the government?  

I simply suggested actually reading the bill's content so that he could speak smartly on it rather than repeating the same old "us govt is stupid blah blah."

If you must know, I don't agree with it either.

Has to be a 2/3 vote.

Because of how much support it has, it'd probably get that support unless they change their mind.

One of the solutions:
-sinp-
no.. and shut up about a bad government.

cross posting?
i've seen you post that before
and stop spreading propaganda :V

One of the solutions:
[imghttp://www.dreamstime.com/ussr-hammer-and-sickle-thumb10173478.jpg[/img]
HEY GUYS HAVE I MENTIONED IM A HUGE FAN OF THE USSR SICKLE HAMMER SICKLE HAMMER

HEY GUYS HAVE I MENTIONED IM A HUGE FAN OF THE USSR SICKLE HAMMER SICKLE HAMMER
HAHA GUYS I FOUND NEW COOL THING NAME COMUNISM RUSSIA SO COOL AND EGDY