Author Topic: Self harm  (Read 2925 times)

It is something that you would have had to have past experience with or some kind of thoughts of doing it to really understand. Its not so much cause they want to cut, its because they normally feel like it is helping them when they are doing it, then later on they look back at the cuts and relize that it didn't help at all, and actully made it worse.
i know this is going to come off as super offensive but

that's maaaad handicapped

This

Exercise releases adrenaline and feel good endorphins.
Oh, I was thinking he meant it more as something to do. For exercise im outside every moment I get. I love to be outside.

i know this is going to come off as super offensive but

that's maaaad handicapped
Like I said, you wouldn't really understand until you actully have the problem yourself.

have to wear long sleeve shirts and heavy clothing
my friend just wears really colorful bracelets

By not revealing your problem, it makes it look as if the only reason you're deliberately hurting yourself is for attention. Yes I know it's a matter of privacy, but if your privacy is so important, I guarantee you wouldn't have made a thread about cutting yourself in the first place.

So yeah, explain the problem in detail or nobody can help you.

By not revealing your problem, it makes it look as if the only reason you're deliberately hurting yourself is for attention. Yes I know it's a matter of privacy, but if your privacy is so important, I guarantee you wouldn't have made a thread about cutting yourself in the first place.

people are not morally responsible for how they are.

i slowly slide the blade over and eventually through my skin and shiver at the cold metal inside m-

oh
the emotional problem

i slowly slide the blade over and eventually through my skin and shiver at the cold metal inside m-
wowe you don't heat it up to kill the bacteria wtf is your problem

people are not morally responsible for how they are.
Then you shouldn't be asking for help if you can't muster up the confidence to explain why you are hurting yourself in the first place.

It's like going to a psychiatrist to treat depression and not explaining absolutely anything about why.

Of course a counter-argument to this is that this thread may have nothing to do with solving problems, and just discussing cutting yourself which means that this thread was made for the purpose of getting attention for whatever reason.

Pain causes a release of endorphins, which can make you feel happy.

So causing harm to yourself causes a release of endorphins, and possibly makes you happy.

But if you're resorting to that, I'd imagine that's kinda silly to try since your sadness/whatever will overpower it.

But then again I've never done that so I don't know.

Pain causes a release of endorphins, which can make you feel happy.
I guarantee that jacking off releases more than taking a razor to your arm.

Ha.

no where did i see him ask for help, though maybe i missed it

For me, I come down writhing in pain.
Then I'm just sore.

Then you shouldn't be asking for help if you can't muster up the confidence to explain why you are hurting yourself in the first place.
Not morally responsible for how they act

I have no symphony for idiots that try to draw attention to themselves by pain.