Author Topic: Why did badspot end development to Age of Time?  (Read 7826 times)

I'm not asking for a revival here, but why did he ever end development? I think it would be cool if he added armor or male models or something like that. Will he ever begin development again? A graphical update would be nice.

I'd guess that Age of Time was never meant to be more than a test bed for him to richard around in.

I'm not asking for a revival here, but why did he ever end development? I think it would be cool if he added armor or male models or something like that. Will he ever begin development again? A graphical update would be nice.

He said that if he was going to ever develop for this again, he was going to completely re-write it, and remove the ability for a players to write client side code for it, for obvious reasons..

He said that if he was going to ever develop for this again, he was going to completely re-write it, and remove the ability for a players to write client side code for it, for obvious reasons..

I hope he does some day, It's a very fun game. Would be fun if he revived it.

I hope he will still use the Age Of Time models.

See a sneak preview of Torque 3D, imagine if this was the new AoT.

I hope he will still use the Age Of Time models.

See a sneak preview of Torque 3D, imagine if this was the new AoT.
holy stuff this, if ANYTHING looked good in a new engine, AOT is it

holy stuff this, if ANYTHING looked good in a new engine, AOT is it
There is one thing:
You can upgrade Torque Engine, but you need to purchase for it. I think if it was a life time pay with upgrading, Blockland would had already Torque 3D.

There is one thing:
You can upgrade Torque Engine, but you need to purchase for it. I think if it was a life time pay with upgrading, Blockland would had already Torque 3D.
huh?

huh?
Upgrading a game to the latest engine version, made with Torque, costs money.

...Blockland would had already Torque 3D.

Reality check:  I worked for garage games for a year.  Kompressor was the Torque technologies director for like 5 years.  We both think "upgrading" to Torque3D is a bad idea.

I take him at his word unquestionably. You usually are only shown the good side, who knows what problems there could be in there. Same could apply for Age of Time.

- Armour

- Weapon attributes (Depending on the metal)

- Bows

- Less costly potions

- More spells

- Different weapons do different damage

-Icon that's recognizable and not a jumble of blocks

I take him at his word unquestionably. You usually are only shown the good side, who knows what problems there could be in there. Same could apply for Age of Time.

I suppose you could argue that the new engine probably is riddled with more bugs than the "out the box" Torque Game Engine was. And for a time TGE 1.5.2 was actually more stable than TGEA and T3D. But you have to remember, this is one of the only engines that's easy to use and is fairly cheap. You have to expect some limitations. And the source is all there anyway, so if Badspot cared he could fix all the problems.

When I first played Age of Time, the first thing that hooked me up is the fact that it's like Morrowind in MMORPG.
Age of Time is the ONLY good MMORPG I have ever seen in my entire life.
All MMORPG's in the internet are just a bunch of World of Warcraft rip-offs, and I didn't find any good MMO with good combat system.
If badspot ever reconsidered either moving Age of Time to a new engine or rewriting it, with all great features, modding compability and server hosting, Age of Time would be a "Game of the Year".
also male models mean research. ololo im so perv

When I first played Age of Time, the first thing that hooked me up is the fact that it's like Morrowind in MMORPG.
Age of Time is the ONLY good MMORPG I have ever seen in my entire life.
All MMORPG's in the internet are just a bunch of World of Warcraft rip-offs, and I didn't find any good MMO with good combat system.
If badspot ever reconsidered either moving Age of Time to a new engine or rewriting it, with all great features, modding compability and server hosting, Age of Time would be a "Game of the Year".
also male models mean research. ololo im so perv
I think the lag is solved when Badspot ports the source code in the same engine version as Blockland.

I'd believe when Badspot is done with Blockland, only updating it a bit that he will work on Age Of Time. But that's just how I think.