Author Topic: lysergic acid diethylamide  (Read 5154 times)

The first time I did acid I took 3 hits and smoked a LOT of REALLY good weed.

Let's just say I freaked the forget out and layed in my bed completely accepting death as though it was going to happen within the next 10 minutes.

in theory, yes, in practice, no. as a chemical, THC and other cannabinoids contained in cannabis leaves are just about the least toxic and lethal you can get, but since smoking and such causes you to inhale burnt stuff, it's not very good for you. as a general rule, hallucinogens are the safest class of drugs because they have extremely high overdose requirements and extremely low doses and extremely low addictive potential.
Also in practice people loving kill themselves on psychedelics. It is NOT a safe drug in any way.

Not to mention people can have extremely bad reactions, or possibly even die from relatively low doses.

Also in practice people loving kill themselves on psychedelics. It is NOT a safe drug in any way.

Not to mention people can have extremely bad reactions, or possibly even die from relatively low doses.
Yeah, people kill themselves on psychedelics sometimes. That doesn't mean it's an exceptionally unsafe drug. And, a bad trip can be pretty scary yeah, but it won't kill you. No one has died from a low dose of a hallucinogen by itself (excluding actions they may have performed while under the influence). I don't know if you remember anything about your acid trip, but I am 100% lucid. I understand it's probably not a safe bet to jump off my balcony.

I almost died from consuming just 2 grams of mushrooms. It was a very rare reaction attributed to a condition I have, but it can happen.

I almost died from consuming just 2 grams of mushrooms. It was a very rare reaction attributed to a condition I have, but it can happen.
first off, those are mushrooms. i'm talking about LSD. second, that's a reaction to the actual mushrooms, not the psychedelic agent housed inside. and also, as you said, very rare, making it for the majority of people safe to consume.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:52:11 AM by Slicksilver »

First off, psilocybin is probably the closest drug in the world to LSD, their effects on the brain would be considered identical by most. Second, it's NOT a reaction to the mushrooms, it was a reaction to the psychedelic agent. I'm very sensitive when it comes to psychedelics, and the trip caused me to have 2 seizures.

First off, psilocybin is probably the closest drug in the world to LSD, their effects on the brain would be considered identical by most. Second, it's NOT a reaction to the mushrooms, it was a reaction to the psychedelic agent. I'm very sensitive when it comes to psychedelics, and the trip caused me to have 2 seizures.
I have never, ever, ever, heard anybody besides you call the effects of the two identical. They are very different chemicals, and affect you in different ways. The effects are similar but not the same. And no, psilocybin is not the closest drug to LSD in the world, other ergotamine derivatives are.

I would also like if you would tell me the name of your condition (PM me it if you feel uncomfortable), for I would like to research it. I have never seen any mention of hallucinogens, especially psilocybin or LSD, causing seizures or any other adverse reactions that can head to death in small doses. If (and since) your condition does exist, I am happy to admit that very rarely people might have adverse reactions to psychadelics. I also thought it was somewhat self explanatory that you should stay away from drugs that haven't been prescribed by a professional if you are aware of any conditions that may affect it. Obviously you did not know yours existed, I don't think anybody would enjoy having 2 seizures.

ITT: the only things you guys know how to argue is drugs.

ITT: the only things you guys know how to argue is drugs.
Oh no, I'm quite good at arguing other things too. People call me stubborn, but really I just choose to fight only the battles that I'm prepared to fight.

anyway, sleep time, maybe the residual effects will make my dreams extra cool
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 09:17:37 AM by Slicksilver »

I believe I have Neurocardiogenic Syncope, which basically cases you to pass out when your blood pressure isn't regulated in your brain. (I didn't ACTUALLY have any seizures, it was just syncope which looks very similar to a seizure to the outside world)

But during the episodes of syncope I learned a lot. I was instantly sky-rocketed through space, and experienced a lifetime at the speed of light during each time. Easily achieved level 5 on the psychedelic experience scale. If I had the ability to go back and change anything, I wouldn't.

Easily achieved level 5 on the psychedelic experience scale.
Does anyone else laugh when they read this?

MMmmmm.
Reminds me to go buy some more.
Its been a while.

i dropped acid 3 hours ago and the world is occuring holy stuff robo noob:

0 hours (nothing yet) - "tastes bitter"
1/2 hours (spiral knights) - "face on fire"
1 hour (blockland) - motion blur, seeing symbols (#, +) and images (an airplane, a chair), smell the ocean, slight euphoria, "i feel like if i move i'll turn... around the world" in verbatim
1 1/2 hours (blockland) - "i can see the colors SO clearly", hightened euphoria, "i feel tingly"
2 hours (nothing) - ceiling "breathing", "this is the epitome of my life", "this is the best i've ever felt ever"
2 1/2 hours (nothing) - faces on floor, trying hard to show them to me (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52257595/theresnoway.png (what the forget))
You're loving handicapped.

Plain and simple.

You're stupid.

Just saying.

He seems pretty smart to me.