Poll

Like my server?

Alot
Yes
Kinda
No

Author Topic: BF3 Pack (RTB)  (Read 158757 times)

Well the 50k is obviously exaggerated. What I'm worried about is the 20k, because in all likelihood the number is actually larger...
Oh, whoops, had a brainfart.
I think I might export a 50k model though and see how it fares in torque.

my only complaint is that the m16 and m4 are too loud and the mp7 needs more range otherwise good

I did find 50k no doubt, look at his files yourself if you don't believe me looking at them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:08:03 AM by A Twig »

Oh, whoops, had a brainfart.
I think I might export a 50k model though and see how it fares in torque.

Also exporting something like 50k, when I tried exporting his HK416 it wouldn't let me flatshade. That's how bad Milkshape was acting up. I had to fiddle around to get it to export correctly. Walter the only thing I will say is if you're making the body of a gun, it shouldn't be split into like 20-30 stacks. That's just overkill. Opening Milkshape 3D to inspect the HK416 model (His original) again:

Review (Text above is before review)

At first glance doesn't seem high-poly on 3D view.

Second glance at the 2D views this gun is extremely large in polygons.

The magazine alone is split into 18 stacks, and the mag isn't even hollow.

Main body is consisting of about 30 stacks.

The stock is the best part of the gun referring to poly-count, it's actually very simple.

I'm not sure how the structure of the barrel and the rails are here, but if I'm right then the rails on each side (4 sides) has 8-10 stacks.

The ejection portion of this gun is unreadable. There are so many lines and stacks I can't make it out.

Top rail that goes along the entire top portion of the gun is 5 stacks.

Iron sights are good, like stock used with little polygons.

The handle seems a bit large in how many stacks, 11 stacks. I wouldn't do much more, I would do around 7 and not much more. I won't fuss over the 11 stacks in the handle.

For whatever reason this time I'm exporting the model has approximately 23k vertices and 6286 polys. I don't understand how the poly-count dropped with the same damn gun but I guess it happened. I have nothing much to complain about now other than the fact that there are way too many stacks. Walter if you cut the amount of stacks so you use 1/3 of the stacks you used in this model, you would have the same gun just less lag. It would look the same. My apologies for pronouncing 50k vertices, Milkshape might have been acting up when I gathered that data. This data is straight from the Milkshape file and was not tampered with at all.

This is an up-close review of Sgt. A. Walter's HK416. I don't doubt the other weapons share the same characteristics other than the MK11 by The Corporation.

Speaking of MK11. Corporation, why did you make the MK11 very inaccurate?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:11:15 AM by A Twig »

I haven't had a lot of experience in scripting, posted in the scripting help topic about accuracy issues, but to no avail, I didn't get it fixed.
I've got a dump topic setup in the mod topic discussion, but you'll have to click a few pages back.

Then that's even worse.

It has the same shape except it bends even more times.
I mean the line you drew.

Your sniper, the MK11, when you scope in, nothing shows at all but your default crosshair. I no longer care because I switched to Tier Tactical for my server but i'm just telling you.

Your sniper, the MK11, when you scope in, nothing shows at all but your default crosshair. I no longer care because I switched to Tier Tactical for my server but i'm just telling you.
So I'm done with the snipers and I'm moving on.

A thing that bothered me is that there is no way to reload by clicking, which just destroys these weapons for bots... Could you add maybe add click-reloading or a check and event?

Actually, I just need to know how to enable click-reloading for one single weapon, is that possible somehow?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:49:08 AM by Snick0rz »

I mean the line you drew.
...and?

I didn't draw it, Chrono did.

The other shoulder to hand is even worse. It bends even more times and looks terrible.

Redownload and reinstall the pack, if it happened to you, it should happen to me unless it's a glitch. Even then you probably just need to unscope or something in-game related.

Ok from now on dount bump, the pack dead

Good job Sargent, good job! The least you could do is try to fix the sniper up before you abandon this pack.
Nobutsrsly don't bump for at least 6 months :P