Author Topic: Bug: Infinite Number of Spawned Vehicles from One Spawn  (Read 1040 times)

So I was mucking around in BL today and found that the following events...

[X]
  • onVehicleSpawn > Vehicle > setScale [2.00]
[X] [100] onVehicleSpawn > Vehicle > setHealth
[X] [200] ohVehicleSpawn > Vehicle > respawn

...Makes the vehicle catch fire and not explode. This only seems to happen on some vehicles and not bots, but is confirmed for the Ball and the Jeep (for me).

Using the Add-On Event_Vehicle. I tried it with default Add-Ons and Event_Vehicle only and it still happened.

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, maybe I'm blind and didn't see a Bugs section. Never reported one before.

I also don't know if this matters at all, seeing how Event_Vehicle is not a default Add-On. But a lot of people I know use it, and I was able to crash my client doing it.

Basically what you did was spawn a vehicle, then respawn it five time in one second, then made it so that for every second the event was running, it would multiply the number of respawn times in each second by 5 each time, leading to an exponential amount of respawns, and unless you had the schedule limit set low, would have crashed anybody.

not sure where i see it being multiplied..
anyway, try using kill instead of sethealth, or spawnexplosion

not sure where i see it being multiplied..
anyway, try using kill instead of sethealth, or spawnexplosion
hence the
oh wait nevermind.

The spawntime for a vehicle outside of a minigame is immediate. The script does a check after a vehicle reaches 0 HP and is "destroyed". If it's outside a minigame, it immediately respawns it. If it's inside one, it sets a schedule for the vehicle respawn time x 1000ms.

-> On Spawn -> Do Damage -> Check Spawn Time -> Spawn -> On Spawn ... [∞]

Badspot needs to change the way this functions or the add-on creator needs to fix his mod. This is a crash exploit.

Can someone link to me the Vehicle Events mod? Im looking for it everywhere.