Author Topic: Auto Updates in Steam?  (Read 2175 times)

Hard to believe it's 2012 and there's people living in a developed nation that still can't get access to a reliable internet connection.

I don't know the limit but I know its not unlimited because I live in the middle of nowhere.we live in the country(meaning not in the city, not meaning in USA) so its through Satellite(spelling). I pay around $80 and Its my provider is WildBlue.
Feel bad for you. Having to deal witch this stuffty ISP

how much do you pay per month and who is the provider?

T-Mobile.
Too bad they didn't tell us that we'd only get EDGE.

Whats weird is that when I had dial up I could play online in my home. Well, i could play blockland online. After i UPGRADED to high speed internet it lags so much that when I send a message on blockland it takes like a minute for it to appear.

why does it matter if it slows down the internet, if other people aren't using it that shouldn't be a problem

My mom and sister also use the internet. If I slow it down then I will have two bitches trying to kill me.

I don't know the limit but I know its not unlimited because I live in the middle of nowhere.we live in the country(meaning not in the city, not meaning in USA) so its through Satellite(spelling). I pay around $80 and Its my provider is WildBlue.
yeah i would just go with at $15 a month dialup connection, or get a 3g/4g usb dongle from verizon or somewhere

My mom and sister also use the internet. If I slow it down then I will have two bitches trying to kill me.
so do it overnight

Hard to believe it's 2012 and there's people living in a developed nation that still can't get access to a reliable internet connection.
That's the US for you.

so do it overnight
No you don't understand. When I slow down the internet it will be slow until the next bill is issued.
yeah i would just go with at $15 a month dialup connection, or get a 3g/4g usb dongle from verizon or somewhere
What good would that do? It would just slow it down even worse....wouldn't it?

The connections to where I live are ancient.
The entire country is supposed to be going onto fibre-optics but they've managed to skip the area where I live.
Admittedly, there's a low population density where I am, but it is higher than in some places which already have it.

I live a couple hours away from the two cities in the same county as me, Exeter and Plymouth, and I live probably a similar time away from Bristol.
That's 3 cities within a short distance.

Yet FibreOptics has skipped past most of Devon (I believe the cities in the south have it) and has moved onto Cornwall to the west, one of the least-populated areas of the country and has no cities whatsoever.
THey have it out far-west towards Lands End where there are but a few cornish bumpkins living on farms.
Buut, apparently putting FibreOptics down there will boost the economy for Cornwall and give it more industry, so we just jump right over the more populated areas.

No you don't understand. When I slow down the internet it will be slow until the next bill is issued.What good would that do? It would just slow it down even worse....wouldn't it?
Not a dongle.
They use mobile-phone (cellphone) networks, if I'm right.
It's not through your supplier so your bill wouldn't increase and it wouldn't drop in speed.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:31:25 AM by sir dooble »

Download it at the end of the month.