Plausable game concept.

Author Topic: Plausable game concept.  (Read 1867 times)

What? No, that's the absolute best way to do it.

Yeah, if you're professionally producing a game and plan on charging money for it, distributing it en masse, etc. If it's a few forum pals then it isn't going to work.

Yeah, if you're professionally producing a game and plan on charging money for it, distributing it en masse, etc. If it's a few forum pals then it isn't going to work.
Well obviously it should slightly extend the reach of just the BL community.

Um, if you're doing anything, ever, you should have a good plan on what to do. Winging it just produces trash.

>En masse
>Slightly extend the forum

I put Bit Builder on the forum and Facebook, made all the blocks as I went along. When I began I only knew I wanted stone, dirt, and bricks. It's better not to overwhelm yourself from the start.

Um, if you're doing anything, ever, you should have a good plan on what to do. Winging it just produces trash.

Nowhere did I say to wing it. Having a general idea is fine, planning out each city and what happens in it is not.

...Have you ever done creative work before? You need to know what you'll be doing. There's no reason not to map out the whole thing first, it just makes everything easier, and you can change it later, if you want.

I made two little games in Lua, they're in Creativity. I don't need to prove to you this won't be made. I can guarantee this will not be finished.

Going to sleep now. Q.Q

It doesn't matter whether it will be made or not, you're trying to teach him bad habits.

And you could use something like RPG Maker.

I made two little games in Lua, they're in Creativity. I don't need to prove to you this won't be made. I can guarantee this will not be finished.

Going to sleep now. Q.Q
So you're pretty much trying to get rid of all ambition I put into this?
:C

mega-bear, you're talking about little mini-games and stuff
if you're making a full-fledged game with a full storyline, you loving HAVE to plan it out
tommy and I are making a game.
it requires so much planning I can't even.

Anyways, working on some concept art.
Using several references for dragons, don't sue me.

OSHT
also you'd seem like a good artist
what are you inferringgg

what are you inferringgg
Concept art?
C:
Or see if you can submit various art and ideas
Because I know you're good at art

okay okay
okay
give me a lot of names of towns, areas, dungeons,where to put them etc, ill make a world map for you

okay okay
okay
give me a lot of names of towns, areas, dungeons,where to put them etc, ill make a world map for you
:D
Well, most town names are in OP
And like I said on page 1 to Trifax, the main path goes like a U
Firetown is in the north, center of map, a simple, small town
Woodgate is slightly south-east to it, its all a forest, divided by a river
Stöenwahl is exactly south of Woodgate, the river flows through the mountain Stöenwhal is located
Cadeltau is again directly south of Stöenwhal, the river flows into a canyon, Cadeltau is on a Mesa
The water town is at the coast and mouth of river, south of the ice town and Cadeltau
The ice town is north of the water town, it's northmost point passes Stöenwhal's
Incognitia is next to Woodgate(but not acessible by it) and it's a huge lava lake; there is no town (despite firetown)
Then the Ruins of Elements is the northernmost point. It's west of Firetown.

Basic sketch of the dragon's head.
(I need a bigger loving canvas)

(Black outlines are parts of his head I'm putting more detail into. Don't judge me, it's how I draw)