Public Building Baseplates (v1.5)

Author Topic: Public Building Baseplates (v1.5)  (Read 2745 times)

Public Building Baseplates v1.5
Provides versions of the default plain baseplates that anyone can use in a specific way, independant of trust.

Description
This add-on adds the following five bricks (five baseplates) to the Baseplates/Plain category in your brick selector:
  • Public 16x16 Base
  • Public 16x32 Base
  • Public 32x32 Base
  • Public 48x32 Base
  • Public 64x64 Base

This add-on adds the following two preferences to the Public Building category of your RTB Server Control preferences:
  • Admin Only (only the host can change this) - Is planting these bricks only possible by admins?
  • Trust Level - Which trust level should be utilized for public building baseplates?

The special thing about these baseplates is that if anybody attempts to interact with them, even if they don't have your trust, the baseplates will respond as if they had the trust level specified by the Trust Level RTB preference (default is Build).

As requested in this topic: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=181142.0

Download
Download Brick_PublicBuildBasePlates.zip (959B) from localhostr.com.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:25:04 AM by Port »

I was actually looking for something like this a few weeks ago, thanks.

Can you toggle some limitations like no wanding from server properties? Does it even have any?

Edit: Nope. It does not. =(
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:09:34 AM by Demian »

Fixed the OP. Changed "full" to "build" at the section explaining how they react.

Can you toggle some limitations like no wanding from server properties? Does it even have any?

Only "You" trust allows wanding. Although, you can wand your bricks built on these unless the baseplate is in some way supported by your bricks.

Version 1.5 of this add-on has been released. Please re-download.

The changes are:
  • Added RTB preferences for controlling admin requirements and the utilized trust level.

This is awesome, I've been needing these for a while!

Brilliant job. This is potentially very useful in practically all applications

On one hand, community building opportunities.  On the other hand, griefing.

On the other hand, griefing.
This add-on adds the following two preferences to the Public Building category of your RTB Server Control preferences:
  • Admin Only (only the host can change this) - Is planting these bricks only possible by admins?

This isn't working at all like I expected. I am the host and I tested this with McTwist who was not admin at the time on my server.

I placed a baseplate. We both could build and edit our own bricks. He could not do anything with my bricks, not even build (or hammer) on them. I could only hammer his bricks, nothing else.
He placed a baseplate. The same thing. It appears that the person who placed the baseplate can do anything with his own bricks and also hammer other's bricks. But others can't do anything with that person's bricks.

I expected it to be fully public baseplate where anyone could build on, paint, wrench or break anyone's bricks. To prevent griefing there should be prefs to enable/disable these (build, paint, wrench, paint) features.

This add-on does not do that. I am disappointed.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:04:36 AM by Demian »

From above post,
I am disappoint :c

Okay, I'll work on toggling individual permissions instead of trust level.