How the hell do you play youtube videos in Steam Web Browser

Author Topic: How the hell do you play youtube videos in Steam Web Browser  (Read 8981 times)

Topic says all. I get AFPlayer issues when I go on youtube videos with Steams web browser. Or is Steam not designed to run youtube videos?

YouTube runs fine for everyone else through Steam's Browser. Like six months ago, I was watching a livestream, and the guy was playing music by running YouTube in his Steam Browser. Try updating Flash and all that.

YouTube runs fine for everyone else through Steam's Browser. Like six months ago, I was watching a livestream, and the guy was playing music by running YouTube in his Steam Browser. Try updating Flash and all that.
Uhh how. From another web browser or what?

This happens to me too.

The thing is I already have adobe flash player but it says I don't have it

I can't seem to get flash working with steam either >:c

Download flash player for "Other websites" in the download section. Pick your operating system and "Other Browsers" and you should be able to watch videos.

I really wish Valve would make the steam browser suck less. Ideally, you should be able to use your default browser.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>Click link
>Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.

>Click link
>Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.
Temporarily go there with Firefox or Safari.

Temporarily go there with Firefox or Safari.
>Already done that
>Download it
>Still doesn't work
>:c

>Already done that
>Download it
>Still doesn't work
>:c
Try playing a video from the storefront, that should give you instructions on installing it.

>Click link

Try opening the link in Steam's browser, maybe?

It always works for me. :o