Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 82052 times)

I'll open the server a day before so that CityRPG's first and only term will be spent with the founders.
Damn.  I was sort of hoping the followers of this thread would get a chance in before the standard crowd :c  Oh well.

Hey Iban, you need someone to model? Well I reminded you before if you needed help with weapons.

I'm right here.

I'll open the server a day before so that CityRPG's first and only term will be spent with the founders.
Can you give us a few days notice, or just when you think that day could be within the week? I just want to make sure I'm not busy on that day.

Can you give us a few days notice, or just when you think that day could be within the week? I just want to make sure I'm not busy on that day.
He probably wont know that far in advance. If you cant make it I'll take your place. :P

Ha, no thanks. Maybe just a day ahead?

You guys are going to laugh at this, but I had an odd idea while thinking about multiple clients and cheating.

Instead of just barring anyone from joining twice, what if I allowed for a secondary client, but made it so that they were a dog...? They wouldn't be able to do anything productive (except maybe build), and any demerits they earned would be tied to their main profile, but they'd still be allowed to play. If the first client left, the dog would respawn as a normal player.

You guys are going to laugh at this, but I had an odd idea while thinking about multiple clients and cheating.

Instead of just barring anyone from joining twice, what if I allowed for a secondary client, but made it so that they were a dog...? They wouldn't be able to do anything productive (except maybe build), and any demerits they earned would be tied to their main profile, but they'd still be allowed to play. If the first client left, the dog would respawn as a normal player.
No, it should be a cat.

No, it should be a cat.

I picked a dog because they can bite people. They could be used as a Less-than-Lethal aid for police.

It should be randomized between three different types of animals.

The only problem is that you would get people opening two blocklands so that they can play as a dog/whatever instead of the regular player.
Because we all know those people exist.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:38:22 PM by pecon98 »

More power to 'em, lol. Not much to do as a dog except play around with buddies.

Off-topic:
How are you coming along designing that boss for yourself?

Hahah yes do the dog!
Do you have a dog model? :P

Off-topic:
How are you coming along designing that boss for yourself?
It's gonna be a surprise.

Do you have a dog model? :P
It's gonna be a surprise.
I do. :P

Its actually already released, but it was released as an AI to work with Rot's zombie mod back then. however everything is there to simply remove the ai part and have it as just a playertype.

But since its old I can fix it up and send you just a plain doggie playertype. I can change colorations for you, and it has all the basic animations: walk, back, side, jump, couch, biting and barking etc.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:32:07 PM by phydeoux »

Looks good. All I'd want on top of that is a vest node for the police dog.

The only thing I remember not liking about it was the death animation. I remember it as just laying down. Any chance you can make that a lay animation and make death having it fall over to a side?