CityRPG

Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 81921 times)

Yeah, there's no model used in-game from any other add-on. The only default shape is blank.dts

WELL, the explosion particle bitmaps aren't custom, the muzzle flash isn't custom
but thats not a model.

Uh, you're wrong about the muzzle flash.

Why do people always feel the need to cross reference me about something they aren't even playing? Would it surprise you guys to know that CityRPG is actually based off Blockland?

sorry, haven't played in so long
i miss it so much ._.

Virtually all the buildings (and the default city) are done.

The only thing I'm having a problem with is the jail, so we could just use the old one until I figure something out.

Something I've always found that brings the gamemode down is the insane levels of crime. This included Diggy's MetroRP, where there we only really a few types of people: The petty theft, the apparently "experienced" assassin with the big overpowered SMG or sniper rifle, the policeman who didn't do much and wasn't really going to be a policeman for any longer, and the shopkeeper whose job was to sell rocket launchers at varying prices.

So.
loving.
lovey!

I certainly wish I did not have to wait for such a lengthy period of time for your supposedly splendid mode, sir Iban!

My bad. Forgot a crucial piece of my post.

Bravo.

Something I've always found that brings the gamemode down is the insane levels of crime. This included Diggy's MetroRP, where there we only really a few types of people: The petty theft, the apparently "experienced" assassin with the big overpowered SMG or sniper rifle, the policeman who didn't do much and wasn't really going to be a policeman for any longer, and the shopkeeper whose job was to sell rocket launchers at varying prices.
I've already discussed this in pretty great detail.

1. Law enforcement jobs are the only professions that have weapons upon spawning.
2. Jail terms are significantly longer.
3. Weapons are much more expensive.
4. People who have committed felonies may not buy guns, unless the Mayor allows it.

There's also a bunch of other fairness checks, like people who are wanted cannot Ctrl+K (which teleports you to spawn now).

I've already discussed this in pretty great detail.

1. Law enforcement jobs are the only professions that have weapons upon spawning.
2. Jail terms are significantly longer.
3. Weapons are much more expensive.
4. People who have committed felonies may not buy guns, unless the Mayor allows it.

There's also a bunch of other fairness checks, like people who are wanted cannot Ctrl+K (which teleports you to spawn now).
What's stopping policemen from running up to randoms, giving them their weapon and then respawning and repeating? make policemen pay for a replacement weapon (discounted) when they drop it or something

What's stopping policemen from running up to randoms, giving them their weapon and then respawning and repeating? make policemen pay for a replacement weapon (discounted) when they drop it or something
Job weapons are never dropped.

Job weapons are never dropped.
fair enough then

what about endgame wise, what are you putting in for the fatcats to sink their money in to? you need something otherwise weapons become the designated end game money sink, which will just cause chaos

fair enough then

what about endgame wise, what are you putting in for the fatcats to sink their money in to? you need something otherwise weapons become the designated end game money sink, which will just cause chaos

QFT

The endgame is just as important as the beginning.

fair enough then

Vehicles
ex: private jet. :P